Fluxoid
Sign in to follow this  
ndboarder

SmelloMister

ndboarder    210

Alright, so the title comes from a little change to the product that triggered this idea, the "TimeMist"  I'm sure everyone has seen this device (or at least a similar device with a different name).  These things are most often found in public restrooms (work, gas station, etc) and dispense a fragrant mist on a scheduled interval.

Do you see where teh smellomister is going?  Rather than periodically dispenses the mist, why not have a device that detects levels of oderous materials (bacteria, methane, whatever makes your sh*t stink) and spray the fragrance only when needed?

There's a few pros to this.  1) The spray is only dispensed as needed.  This could potentially be a con if it actually meant it ended up being sprayed more often than on a timed basis.  I suppose the stench it would allow could be allowed some flexibility.  2) Odors are removed as they occur and not just every so often.  Consider that person A stink the heck out of a bathroom and 5 minutes later person B enters.  If a timer is in use, Person B had best have good timing, or they will be holding their nose.  With an oder detection type of device, the mist would have sprayed if needed already. 

nodle    680

Good idea except when you got people like Corey. I don't think you would want one of those things running after he got done, it would get very expensive. I think Corey would just need a nuke and be done with it. But as far as the mister goes, do they make one that is motion sensitive?

C Pav    144

Good idea except when you got people like Corey. I don't think you would want one of those things running after he got done, it would get very expensive. I think Corey would just need a nuke and be done with it. But as far as the mister goes, do they make one that is motion sensitive?

At least I save my stink for the bathroom. Our whole work area reaks due to you nodle.

nodle    680

At least I save my stink for the bathroom. Our whole work area reaks due to you nodle.

That's because i inhale the glowing green air that comes up the stairs from the bathroom after you.

C Pav    144

That's because i inhale the glowing green air that comes up the stairs from the bathroom after you.

LIES!

ndboarder    210

Apparently response earlier failed to post due to our network issues.  So I figured motion sensitivity may be around, or would certainly be simple.  This however would lead a spraying far more often than needed.  Probably more often than the timed units in busy areas. 

As far as the cost of employing Corey, maybe it needs a camera to take pictures of the people that set it off.  Perhaps a warning to swipe your badge to identify yourself or it will take your picture if you fail to comply (it also locks you in so you can't escape until after the picure is taken).  Employees who frequently set it off may then be charged for the cost of the spray, unless they agree to some strict diet to reduce the stench of their feces?

jmanz    148

Apparently response earlier failed to post due to our network issues.  So I figured motion sensitivity may be around, or would certainly be simple.  This however would lead a spraying far more often than needed.  Probably more often than the timed units in busy areas. 

As far as the cost of employing Corey, maybe it needs a camera to take pictures of the people that set it off.  Perhaps a warning to swipe your badge to identify yourself or it will take your picture if you fail to comply (it also locks you in so you can't escape until after the picure is taken).  Employees who frequently set it off may then be charged for the cost of the spray, unless they agree to some strict diet to reduce the stench of their feces?

:biggrin:

ndboarder    210

Jmanz... you would be in trouble as well if that rotten old buck that used to visit my cube ever showed up in a restroom with this device......

jmanz    148

Jmanz... you would be in trouble as well if that rotten old buck that used to visit my cube ever showed up in a restroom with this device......

The buck has no idea what you are talking aboot.  :whistling:

ndboarder    210

The buck has no idea what you are talking aboot.  :whistling:

crop dusting you were, at the cube farm