Fluxoid
Sign in to follow this  
nodle

Rockbox

Well for my little Sunday project I installed Rockbox on my Ipod. Lately I have been just dreading using my Ipod because I despise Itunes so much. So I loaded up Rockbox today and I must say i love it! No more itunes it's all just drag and drop. Way more featues games etc. Was a little tough to install but after trying to install it by hand I found an easy and quick installer. Then just instal themes etc. I like some of the new features like it shows like how much battery life you have left etc. Alot of people say it sounds better than the regular Ipod also. I can't tell a difference as of now, but have onely been playing with it for about 10 minutes. Now I am finally happy with my Ipod! :-D

Here's a quick pic of it in action.I'll take some more pics soon.

img0190medium1qs.jpg

img0200medium5kg.jpg

Some of the games

img0194medium2qj.jpg

img0195medium1xy.jpg

img0197medium5bz.jpg

img0198medium5hh.jpg

Is this the same rockbox that I have installed on my Archos recorder?

http://www.rockbox.org/ I have been using rockbox for years and I still love it and keep checking the site for updates. Maybe they'll figure out how to get color on my little grey-scale screen :lol:

I believe rockbox started with the Archos product line, then slowly branched off to the other mp3 players. Its good stuff!

Is this the same rockbox that I have installed on my Archos recorder?

http://www.rockbox.org/ I have been using rockbox for years and I still love it and keep checking the site for updates. Maybe they'll figure out how to get color on my little grey-scale screen :lol:

I believe rockbox started with the Archos product line' date=' then slowly branched off to the other mp3 players. Its good stuff![/quote']

You sir are correct.

Well for my little Sunday project I installed Rockbox on my Ipod. Lately I have been just dreading using my Ipod because I despise Itunes so much. So I loaded up Rockbox today and I must say i love it! No more itunes it's all just drag and drop. Way more featues games etc. Was a little tough to install but after trying to install it by hand I found an easy and quick installer. Then just instal themes etc. I like some of the new features like it shows like how much battery life you have left etc. Alot of people say it sounds better than the regular Ipod also. I can't tell a difference as of now' date=' but have onely been playing with it for about 10 minutes. Now I am finally happy with my Ipod! :-D

[/quote']

I had thought of trying this a while back, but was hesitant to start experimenting on my Ipod, since it is a rather recent purchase. Pretty sure I'm going to have to give it a whirl now though.

This topic has more replies, but you'll need to be signed in to view them.