Fluxoid
Sign in to follow this  
ndboarder

Simplified Spelling

Alright, I just ran across an article online about some idiots making a push to reform the written English language as we know it. What a bunch of idiots. Maybe rather than simplifying spelling we should simplify this matter by deporting all proponents to a country with a phonetic language.

Thoughts?

Simplified Spelling

I really don't like their reasoning for one thing. "Kids can't spell very well, let's make it easier.." WTF. It's like schools saying, too many kids are failing the tests, so we'll just make them easier.

Maybe we should go back to smacking kids with rulers so they pay attention and learn like they are supposed to. Well maybe not, but we could stop spending millions upon millions of dollars to pay athletes and actors way more than they deserve for entertainment, and instead spend that money on necessities such as education. It's no secret that teachers are severely underpaid for what they do. Farmers are as well, but I won't go there.

Basically I think people need to pull their heads from their posterior and get their priorities straight.

that article gave me a headache' date=' knot a gr8t reed :lol:[/quote']

I tried to email the one organization that is pushing for it, but I got an immediate notice that delivery failed.

that article gave me a headache' date=' knot a gr8t reed :lol:[/quote']

I tried to email the one organization that is pushing for it, but I got an immediate notice that delivery failed.

Their mail server couldn't interpret the vernacular of your mail server.

:twisted: