Fluxoid
Sign in to follow this  
nodle

What OS do you use?

I was just kinda wondering what OS everyone uses as there primary operating system? Notice there is nothing lower than Win2k? Because if your running anything lower, then update your OS.

I primarily run XP Pro, but I have a couple linux distros on my desktop. Mainly because I need office and such things and don't have time to experiment with Wine that much.

Gentoo 64 bit for most things, and Suse 32 bit for testing out what Suse is about.

I also run Gentoo 32 bit on my server.

If you like Doom 3 or Unreal Tournament 2004, I highly recommend linux for playing them. They ran fine in my windows environment, but flew in the linux platform (of course i would start some minimal GUI and have about 100% system resources free for the game too)

I use to use Winxp pro. 64bit edition, it has a much more snappier interface kinda like Win server 2003. Plus it seems to handle memory alot better. Theres just a couple of things that made me switch back. But I think I will just wait till Vista comes out.

Those win 95 machines are a nightmare. They are no fun to troubleshoot over the phone or when you are working on them. I use XP Pro 32, waiting for Vista.

I use to use Winxp pro. 64bit edition' date=' it has a much more snappier interface kinda like Win server 2003. Plus it seems to handle memory alot better. Theres just a couple of things that made me switch back. But I think I will just wait till Vista comes out.[/quote']

I have 64, but never did try it since I had heard bad things about finding drivers that would work. Was that ever a problem?

I had Vista beta 1 on my machine at one time, but was having trouble getting XP and Vista to co-exist... I download the most recent CTP version a while back, maybe i should try that one out....

I got Win xp 64bit right when it came out and there were alot of problems like finding drivers for like your NIC or chipset etc. But now you can find about anything with a 64bit driver now. And finally alot more programs are starting to support it. I think its a cool idea, but at the same time they should have just waited to release Vista. I've heard good things about all the latest releases of Vista though, it seems to be getting alot better with each release.

This topic has more replies, but you'll need to be signed in to view them.