Fluxoid
Sign in to follow this  
nodle

Backup solutions

What's everyones way of backing up their important data? I have an identical drive that I make a backup on, then I make a backup of my backup on an external harddrive. Am I paranoid? Maybe, but after working in the computer field, I have seen how easy you can lose your data. :smt024

Are you employing Raid 1 with this setup?

No use to but then I needed the room on the other one. But now their both filled also. I need a new one now :(

I see the prices have really gone down on the hitachi drives. I was amazed to see a 250 gig for 89.00 What's your favorite brand of drive? :smt102

I just recently picked up a 250 GB WD for $99 a few weeks ago, I probably would've ordered a Hitachi drive with the FDB that dave is such a fan of (last i knew) but kinda needed to get something quick so just picked one up that was readily available.

As for backup solutions I pretty much just use my external drive to back up data I don't want to lose. I used to also backup onto another internal drive, but have since started using the three that I have in there for multiple boot purposes