Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace

nodle

So I thought I would watch the Star Wars movies again since it has been awhile. Started with Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace the other night. Man George Lucas should had stayed away from all the CGI, it looks very dated now. It's funny how the originals still stand up because everything was at least real. Anyways wanted to see Dark Maul mostly, but like I said it's pretty cheesy and dated now, but was pretty big when it came out. One of the largest marketing movies that I can remember. I think I will continue on with the rest of the series now.

image.thumb.png.0be23f03d0c829c1f1693af4416370b2.png

I remember Pepsi had a contract with them. I have never seen so many Pepsi machines in partnership with a movie before. They were on every corner. The toys were everywhere as well, everything had The Phantom Menace branded on it. To me thinking back over time, I have never seen a movie promoted that big since.