Increase in toy collectors lately

nodle

Maybe it's just me but has anyone else noticed toy collectors increasing no matter what the line is released? People are going crazy for the new wrestling figures. New G.I. Joe figures etc. They are emptying store shelves everywhere. Any one else noticed this?

Collecting has been a thing forever BUT yes has increased substantially. I think the internet plus people that both think they will all become millionaires as well as don't have a real world sense of money drive it. Seems we just more than ever like stuff.
  • Like 1

That's true we work with a couple of storage unit owners here in our town, and they can't basically build them fast enough. He says they stay mostly full year round as well. We have a college here in our town, so if someone pulls their stuff out there is always someone else to replace the unit.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Once neat thing I have been seeing on Twitter lately is collectors helping collectors. These guys go into a Target or Walmart, and they will take photos on Twitter and see if anyone wants something. They will say that they will be in the store for about an hour. If you see something that you want and reply, they will purchase it for you, and you only must pay what it costs, along with shipping cost. These guys are footing the bill at first to help other collectors out. It's neat to see.

• Like 1

I went into the toy section at target yesterday. The girl isles were filled and stocked to the brim, the boys ales were all looted and empty. I saw more adults down the Lego isles buying legos than kids.

2 hours ago, nodle said:

I went into the toy section at target yesterday. The girl isles were filled and stocked to the brim, the boys ales were all looted and empty. I saw more adults down the Lego isles buying legos than kids.

Like what you were trying to do yourself?

• 2 weeks later...

but when a retailer like Target gets into "exclusive" items, are they really collectible?  Valuable collectable items are unknown when they happen, or they are truly limited production items that are high in price and very hard to get in the first place.  

3 minutes ago, ndboarder said:

but when a retailer like Target gets into "exclusive" items, are they really collectible?  Valuable collectable items are unknown when they happen, or they are truly limited production items that are high in price and very hard to get in the first place.  

I was thinking the same. They should number them like the limited numbered sports cards, if they aren't already.

• 3 weeks later...

I am really digging these new WWE figures and their articulation. The Hogan one is amazing. While they have quite a few they are missing some due to licensing reasons @C Pav told me. I really want a Big Papa Pump one with a chain helm etc. and a Buff Bigalow with a top hat as well.