Robot vacuum cleaners

nodle

Does have a Roomba or a similar robot vacuum cleaner? I saw a generic one yesterday and it seemed pretty cool. Seems like the official Roombas are the top of the line though. I don't think they are a full replacement for a vacuum cleaner, but for some quick detailing here in there it looks like they would work quite well. They even have ones that mop for you now.

https://www.irobot.com/

Does have a Roomba or a similar robot vacuum cleaner? I saw a generic one yesterday and it seemed pretty cool. Seems like the official Roombas are the top of the line though. I don't think they are a full replacement for a vacuum cleaner, but for some quick detailing here in there it looks like they would work quite well. They even have ones that mop for you now.

https://www.irobot.com/

Don't have one but probably makes sense if you have animals in the house.

The vacuums work pretty well; however floors have to be generally clean and obstacles removed. If you have kids and toys all over a floor, having any kind of schedule isn't going to work well, as you would need to go around and pick up most things on the floor before it runs. They don't have the brush or suction power of a good upright, but if ran often enough keeps things pretty clean. Wouldn't work in our place, but have some older relatives that rely on these now rather than having to lug/push around a heavy vacuum. The ones where the charging dock also empties the canister are even better, since it makes it even simpler to use, and if you have a real large / dirty space it can empty itself part way through and then resume rather than waiting on human intervention to empty it before continuing.

The ones where the charging dock also empties the canister are even better

Ya saw those model, more spendy but really cool.

If you have kids and toys all over a floor, having any kind of schedule isn't going to work well

Well this is the story of my life.

• 4 weeks later...
Ran the Roomba the first time tonight. Pretty awesome! I ran it for just 15 minutes to see how it was going to work, and how it would find its way home. It sure enough did. I also emptied the compartment to see what it picked up. Crazy for just 15 minutes what it picked up. Awesome technology and I highly approve. Especially if you have a lot of hard wood floors.

Ran the Roomba the first time tonight. Pretty awesome! I ran it for just 15 minutes to see how it was going to work, and how it would find its way home. It sure enough did. I also emptied the compartment to see what it picked up. Crazy for just 15 minutes what it picked up. Awesome technology and I highly approve. Especially if you have a lot of hard wood floors.

You forgot the part about having to vacuum before you vacuumed.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...