Pizza Hut's Detroit style pizza

nodle

Well I ordered two of these tonight, thinking they wouldn't be enough for everyone, But one filled 3 of us, and I ate plenty. So let's start off, first off visually it looks just like all the videos and photos show. The sauce is different. I don't know if it's just because it's on the top or what, but seemed different flavored and more spicy, but in a good way. The pepperonis are smaller and crispier. The slices have plenty of sauce and are nice and cheesy, along with the edges being crispy. I really enjoyed it, it was different than a normal pizza. Even my parents enjoyed it and thought it was really good, better than expected they said. So yes I would rate a 9/10, and a must try. I would order again.

Does it taste like a pan crust? I do really like that.

It’s like their old deep dish crust with the crisp sides yes.

On another note, I ate some of the second one that I ordered for lunch today as leftovers, and it wasn’t very good. So I wouldn’t recommend it as leftover pizza, but fresh only.

It’s like their old deep dish crust with the crisp sides yes.

On another note, I ate some of the second one that I ordered for lunch today as leftovers, and it wasn’t very good. So I wouldn’t recommend it as leftover pizza, but fresh only.

So in other words:

b85fa1c34fabfe426dab1fb2d3a93df4.thumb.jpg.f7942493b60f180abb4e7909982db72c.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm sure that like any chain, how well the place is kept up depends on the location. All I can say is that from those I know who have seen the kitchen area of any Pizza hut in our area - just don't get their pizza here - EVER. Also, never eat at the Perkins in our area.

I'm sure that like any chain, how well the place is kept up depends on the location. All I can say is that from those I know who have seen the kitchen area of any Pizza hut in our area - just don't get their pizza here - EVER. Also, never eat at the Perkins in our area.

Pizza Hut seems to have a reputation for being the dirty place with piss poor employees working for them. Has been the case for years. There are always outliers, just generally speaking.

Pizza Hut seems to have a reputation for being the dirty place with piss poor employees working for them. Has been the case for years. There are always outliers, just generally speaking.

That’s not always true, like @ndboarder said it all depends on the management there, for example, ours about a year ago was doing crappy, but I heard they got a new owner, and ever since then our food has been perfect, as in McDonald’s perfect. You get what you expect and looks like like the photos. I keep trying to find a flaw, but they have been real good about it. I think we might have one of the cleanest Pizza Huts left in the country.

That’s not always true, like @ndboarder said it all depends on the management there, for example, ours about a year ago was doing crappy, but I heard they got a new owner, and ever since then our food has been perfect, as in McDonald’s perfect. You get what you expect and looks like like the photos. I keep trying to find a flaw, but they have been real good about it. I think we might have one of the cleanest Pizza Huts left in the country.

That's why I said there are always outliers, just like with anything. If a franchise has a top notch, hands on owner and is able to hire good employees, there typically will be success. In a previous town we lived at, Dominos and DQ had terrific owners and were known for only hiring the highest quality of high school kids to work there. They had high standards for employment and the results paid off. The riff-raff got hired elsewhere and those places struggled.

Our sit down Pizza Hut restaurant got shut down due to a meth lab in the basement, that's what i always heard anyways.

This is very true, I was there. Wasn't reported in the local paper as well, but the Capital's newspaper, so that the town wouldn't look so bad.

• 1 month later...