Solo stove

nodle

Were they on Shark Tank awhile back? Think I saw that episode.

No clue, but they are hot around here. Smart invention, just a double walled product to draw in the fresh are and combine it with the fire. You can enjoy a fire without all the smoke.

I have a bunch of their stuff including the solo stove bonfire. Technically smokeless means less smoke and not zero smoke, but yes the smoke is greatly reduced once it gets hot enough within 10 minutes.

I researched many other brands including some made in the US and solo stove has a simple robust design weighing only 20lbs, half the weight of some others. It doesn't feel cheap either. Like any stainless steel, it can actually rust if kept out in the elements directly like rain, so keep that in mind.

I have a couple of their mini camp stoves and they do work good, but blacken anything underneath to do the carbon being burnt off which is expected.

I have a bunch of their stuff including the solo stove bonfire. Technically smokeless means less smoke and not zero smoke, but yes the smoke is greatly reduced once it gets hot enough within 10 minutes.

I researched many other brands including some made in the US and solo stove has a simple robust design weighing only 20lbs, half the weight of some others. It doesn't feel cheap either. Like any stainless steel, it can actually rust if kept out in the elements directly like rain, so keep that in mind.

I have a couple of their mini camp stoves and they do work good, but blacken anything underneath to do the carbon being burnt off which is expected.

The Bonfire is the one that I was looking at Errrr should I say just bought. Our store in town was having a Father's Day sale on them and it included the base ring as well so I picked one up. Did you get any accessories for your such as the ember guard or lid?

The spark screen ember guard has been out of stock, but I'm trying to get that as my last accessory. They have been coming out with a lot of other accessories this past year. I do have the fire poker and log grabber. They are long and heavy duty, so I think they are worth it.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Well had my first light last night. Easy setup, place ring, place tub, remove top ring, place wood and light. The fire start actually easier than expected. Once it gets going you just place the top ring back on. The best feature which lived up to the hype was the no smoke. The one smoke I really had was it just starting from the newspaper, after that it burnt clean. I had my parents over and even my dad was impressed with it. It's basically a huge dual walled chimney pipe. Overall I am very impressed and I highly recommend it for a fire pit.

Well had my first light last night. Easy setup, place ring, place tub, remove top ring, place wood and light. The fire start actually easier than expected. Once it gets going you just place the top ring back on. The best feature which lived up to the hype was the no smoke. The one smoke I really had was it just starting from the newspaper, after that it burnt clean. I had my parents over and even my dad was impressed with it. It's basically a huge dual walled chimney pipe. Overall I am very impressed and I highly recommend it for a fire pit.

Sounds like the right outfit. The wife can't stand the heavy smoke smell on the clothes and such. Allergic to it.

Sounds like the right outfit. The wife can't stand the heavy smoke smell on the clothes and such. Allergic to it.

Yup this is one of the main marketing features of this. I mean it burnt so clean. No more sitting in the smoke, and no more smoke on the marshmallows.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

So Solo Stove just came out with the most needed cool weather accessory, a heat deflector.  I have been waiting something like this for awhile now. 

I really like their stuff, but it's like they nickel and dime you on everything. 

spacer.png

Edited by ryanator
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I was just looking on their website and noticed all the cooking tops for their fire pit stoves (the bigger ones).   You buy the "hub" and can place a cast iron flat griddle, wok, or slotted grill. It's just crazy how modular they made this, but it would cost a ton to get everything. 
I think they feel short a little in how everything is separate and some items don't  pair together well.  The new heat deflector should have had a built in screen with a door hinge.  
The current spark screen needs two places to grab it off, where common dome designs with one point in the middle and a hinged door for placing more firewood. 

Edited by ryanator