• 3 months later...

HBO Max is a great option to do in spurts, I've found. I usually do a month when there's several films I want to watch without having to worry about trying to find a theater time to squeeze it into my schedule. The overall content isn't the best; but, it seems they've managed to snag a bunch of Clint Eastwood's works lately.

HBO Max is a great option to do in spurts, I've found. I usually do a month when there's several films I want to watch without having to worry about trying to find a theater time to squeeze it into my schedule. The overall content isn't the best; but, it seems they've managed to snag a bunch of Clint Eastwood's works lately.

Ya this would probably seem the best course here. They did have a nice lineup, just don't feel like paying for so many separate subscriptions. These companies really need to consolidate together and start to form a larger subscription service. I'd rather just pay one fee for one app, instead of loading up 3 different ones with 3 different fees, just to try to find what I am looking for to watch for an evening. 

These companies really need to consolidate together and start to form a larger subscription service.

Never gonna happen sadly. Disney originally licensed a lot of their films and shows to Netflix, then cancelled when they realized they could just take all of their content, new and old, plop it into their own streaming service and bam.

If anyone is ripping people off, it's them. $30 on top of your subscription fee monthly for a new film is ludicrous.

If anyone is ripping people off, it's them. $30 on top of your subscription fee monthly for a new film is ludicrous.

I'd disagree.  They could just leave it off their service entirely, force people to go spend far more than $30 to take kids to the latest Disney film in a theater with snacks.  It gives you the option of watching new content in home for about the price of a couple movie tickets.  If you don't want to pay, you can wait a few months and it will be included in the subscription anyway.  

I'd disagree.  They could just leave it off their service entirely, force people to go spend far more than $30 to take kids to the latest Disney film in a theater with snacks.  It gives you the option of watching new content in home for about the price of a couple movie tickets.  If you don't want to pay, you can wait a few months and it will be included in the subscription anyway.  

It works fine for a family; but, I'm one individual. From my viewpoint, it's a ripoff. Why would I pay $30 to see a film on a streaming service when I could go to the theater during non-matinee times and see if for less than $8 or 9.

It works fine for families or couples with kids; but, from an individual's viewpoint, it's a blatant slap in the face.

I am not to fond of renting a new release at home. Half the fun is going to the theater for the experience. You can make popcorn and have a soda at home, but there is something about movie theater and the soda, it's just hits differently. I mostly go just for the experience and memories growing up.

It's a nice choice for those that like it, that doesn't have any impact on the pre-existing options.  Want to go see it in a theater, go for it.  Want to watch it on a streaming service service you have  without paying extra to "rent" it early, then wait a few months until it is released broadly.  It's still faster than it used to be for a movie theater release to come to a streaming service.

I'm not really sure what the complaint is, everyone can still watch all the same ways they used to.  There's just a new way to do it that's is preferred/beneficial to others.  Paying the extra isn't forced on anyone.  The alternative isn't that it would be free on streaming day one, it would be back to the old model where it wasn't available to stream to anyone, which is a step backwards.