Stroopwafel

nodle

I keep seeing these and have been wanting to try them so I picked up a box. I believe you just make a cup of coffee and lay the wafer on top of it and the heat from the coffee is suppose to melt the caramel inside. Has anyone tried one yet? I think @jmanz told me he did, if so how did you like it?

2082220304_426-42e6b92c128ewid488amphei488ampfmtpjpeg.jpg.e08dc561ee0d5c2df93dc993ff8e2242.jpg

Had some last winter. Costco occasionally has a massive box of them on sale, like 40 of the wafels for $8 or $9 when on sale. In fact, I think they were in last months sales that just ended yesterday. I know we looked for them because the box from last winter was actually gone, but they seemed to be sold out.
  • Like 2

Were you expecting thicker caramel layer in them? Saw the big box was back at Costco and ended up with one in the cart yesterday, with temps getting colder again they will go nicely with increased warm beverage consumption.

I was, at least that is the way the cover shows. I though the waffle portion was pretty flavorless.

I was, at least that is the way the cover shows. I though the waffle portion was pretty flavorless.

It's just waffle cone sandwiching a thin layer of caramel. From the pic on the box I can see where people expect more caramel than is in most of them. I have had a few where some machine must have been off and the caramel layer was thicker, which also made the whole thing a lot softer