Let's talk Legos

nodle

I have always loved Legos, I miss all the old sets that I use to have. I just ordered this massive beast because it has been in my cart since the beginning of the year and I was waiting for it to come on sale. I want to build it with my daughter. Anyone else like Lego sets?

91ZeEoyc6JL._SL1500_.thumb.jpg.c3cd413d32837307c479396582782ea1.jpg

Legos you say? I got that set a while back when Amazon had a nice sale on it. Same for the Ghostbusters garage/house set. Really want the original Ecto 1 to go with it but hard to find. Have a lot of other nice sets to go with all my old ones I had as a kid which are great to hand down and build with son.

He kind of has lost interest though. I mean he likes to build them if we get them but after that it's to the shelf or storage and then collect dust.

Must thank you again for the ones you gave me a long time back when you moved along with the large collection of games.

Must thank you again for the ones you gave me a long time back when you moved along with the large collection of games.

I forgot about that. Well I knew that you had a boy, I don't. They weren't doing me any good. I have bought a few small sets for my daughter, but as a girl she just doesn't seem all that interested in them. This rocket is more about the time together spending putting it together, and in a way probably more for me. It is large when it's assembled.

696626828_F2Fi.ytimg.com2Fvi2FUxtUrloLlm82Fmaxresdefault.thumb.jpg.b50c941cb7fe3ca33ebb740e50db5a92.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
So my last Lego build I was missing one piece. It's like they put the wrong piece in. The one I needed had holes and the left over piece was solid. Anyways I went online filled out a small form and they sent me one in the mail. Great customer service. I didn't even have to speak to anyone.

So my last Lego build I was missing one piece. It's like they put the wrong piece in. The one I needed had holes and the left over piece was solid. Anyways I went online filled out a small form and they sent me one in the mail. Great customer service. I didn't even have to speak to anyone.

Good to know they have a great customer care policy on that. I was wondering if you ever 3D printed your own? Seems like if you are ever in a bind or broke an older piece that you can't get anymore, 3D printing one would suffice (though would take away from it's original state).

I was wondering if you ever 3D printed your own?

I haven't yet, but yes there are. There are quite a few parts that you can order what bricks you want. Then there are custom Lego sites where people create their own kits and you can purchase the plans along with all the pieces that you need.

[/url]https://rebrickable.com/

The Iron Giant is incredible.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Man Legos are kinda getting out of control with their pricing. Most sets are around the $100-$200 range now. I can't imagine the markup percentage on these. I mean with the amount of plastic and packaging they might be only in it about $20 a set them sell them for $150.

Man Legos are kinda getting out of control with their pricing. Most sets are around the $100-$200 range now. I can't imagine the markup percentage on these. I mean with the amount of plastic and packaging they might be only in it about $20 a set them sell them for $150.

In my opinion their prices have been too expensive for awhile. Really has turned me off of buying some of these sets.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I like their Instructions app and the ability to scan a QR code on manuals to add a set to your collection. Don't have many sets, but booklets don't survive young kids well, having some record of which sets you have and how to assemble them digitally is nice.

• 3 months later...

I was looking over Legos Black Friday sales. I am just going to come out and say it, Legos are so overpriced. I am happy to see all the new creations etc. but come on we are talking little molded injection blocks here folks. They must have about an 80% markup on their products.

https://www.lego.com/en-us/page/black-friday-cyber-monday-toy-deals

I was looking over Legos Black Friday sales. I am just going to come out and say it, Legos are so overpriced. I am happy to see all the new creations etc. but come on we are talking little molded injection blocks here folks. They must have about an 80% markup on their products.

https://www.lego.com/en-us/page/black-friday-cyber-monday-toy-deals

And they have been overpriced for a long time.

• 1 month later...