My changing of gaming habits as I get older

C Pav

I am finally noticing my gaming habits and preferences change as I get older and have less time to play games. I now prefer games where I can more just pick up and play or are a bit faster paced. Here I have many amazing AAA games like Red Dead 2 and pretty much every other major release but load up a smaller game like The Gardens Between Us (AMAZING game by the way which is currently on XBox game pass). I just don't have the time or desire to get into long missions anymore or hard or lengthy dungeons like Zelda.

I now prefer games where I can more just pick up and play

This is why I bought a Switch and my WoW days are over.

I just don't have the time or desire to get into long missions anymore or hard or lengthy dungeons like Zelda.

I actually consider Zelda to be a 'pick up and play' style game myself. Or maybe it's the Switch that makes it out to be that way.

There is not much we can do my friend, this is the era of life that we enter now.

This is why I bought a Switch and my WoW days are over.

I actually consider Zelda to be a 'pick up and play' style game myself. Or maybe it's the Switch that makes it out to be that way.

There is not much we can do my friend, this is the era of life that we enter now.

Yeah Zelda can be but I kind of struggle to want to play thinking about the bigger dungeons. Puzzles are another thing I seem to have grown to dislike. Simple puzzles or ones that don' take to long I'm fine with but in Zelda the big one's can take quite a bit and are a little hard to figure out for me these days. I am fine with the small shrines as I see those as quick play and can get done quick but the main ones take a while. First you have to stop the beast, then do the puzzles in the dungeon then fight the boss.

• 3 years later...
I have been thinking about this lately. It might be a coming of age thing, but I just can't even get deep into gaming anymore. I want to. Even my beloved WoW it's hard for me to keep going. It might be a time thing, or just getting older, but I have lost my love for gaming.

I have been thinking about this lately. It might be a coming of age thing, but I just can't even get deep into gaming anymore. I want to. Even my beloved WoW it's hard for me to keep going. It might be a time thing, or just getting older, but I have lost my love for gaming.

I think it is because of age. As for me, it is hard to watch most sports now. I used to be glued to the tv on Sundays (all day) to watch the NFL. Now it just doesn't interest me.

• 3 months later...