Fluxoid
Sign in to follow this  
Davidc

Audio Gear That You Own

Polk Audio SDA SRS 1.2 from 1989. Rated at 1000 wpc.

PolkAudioSDASRS1.jpg

Nad 2200 Power Amp and 1155 Preamp (soft clipping + 6db dynamic range)

NAD2200-1155.jpg

yeah davec's gear really rocks, the whole house shakes I can testify. It is always fun to jam over there. You need a pic of the subs behind the couch!

I run a second Nad 2200 for the sub that sits behind the couch. Sub consists of two 8 in. daytons in a 1 cu. ft. per/chamber ported industrial board box. The Nad could destroy the two 8's. My plan is to have my oldest brother (carpenter) build me a specialized box that will house eight 8 in daytons. It'll be a chore getting the impedance right. The nad will handle 4 ohm loads as long as one does not attempt to bridge. I have played around with car amps via pyramid PSU (56amp) (electronic crossover) into other drivers. The PSU doesnt seem to provide for dynamic transients so well. The lights in the house will dim quite dramatically when powering two car amps for example. Running older Proton amp, which is a relative of Nad. Also, a california series 300 wpc amp.

There are some noisy beasts at your place for sure davec. Noisy probably isn't the best term, cause they get loud, but keep a nice clean sound as well.

I don't have much for home stereo equipment. I'll try to post some pics of my car stuff later.

This topic has more replies, but you'll need to be signed in to view them.