Davidc

Russian Fighters Killed In Clash With US-Led Coalition Forces In Syria

This can't be good..............

With the calm of global capital markets shattered in the past two weeks, the ongoing military conflict in the Middle East has taken an understandable back seat to monetary matters. And yet, tensions involving Syria, Iran and Israel continue to escalate, most notably with this weekend's outright attack by Israel on Syria, allegedly in retaliation for an Iranian drone launch from a Syrian army base, and which led to the first downing of an Israeli F-16 jet in decades.

Yet what has so far prevented the proxy way from spinning out of control, was that Putin - as guarantor of the Syria-Iran axis on one hand, and Netanyahu as his nemesis on the other, had expressed restraint. For now.

That may change, however, following a Reuters report  that Russian fighters were among those killed when U.S.-led coalition forces clashed with pro-government forces in Syria earlier this month.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-02-12/russian-fighters-killed-clash-us-led-coalition-forces-syria

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By nodle
      Wow that is quite the punishment they just got.
      Basically even if you win it won't count.
      Source
    • By nodle
      So rumor on the street is Russia is thinking of creating it's own internet with it's friends. I can't say I blame them with all the takeover of the internet anymore. I have always said that it needed to remained untouched to see how it would evolve. But it seems like there is to much control anymore of it.
      Source
    • By nodle
      So I had been meaning to make a thread on this weeks ago when I first heard about it. I saw it first come out on a report telling any Government agency not to use Kaspersky. I thought "Hmmmm that is strange"? Then it hit the news about it maybe containing Russian back doors and malicious tools. While Kaspersky has denied this.
      Now I have always know that they were a Russian company, but those Russians know their code so this had never bothered me one bit. But it is like my conspiracy theory involving all antivirus companies, it's a million dollar business. Come out with the virus, only to have the tools to do the cleanup. I mean how else do you explain how fast they come up with the fixes so fast? Anyways, they did make some great removal tools. So I guess it really is hard to say if they can be trusted or not? Maybe it was a ploy since there was so much Russian hate lately? What are your thoughts?
      How Russian Firm Might Have Siphoned Tools From the NSA