nodle

Audio books

Does anyone listen to audio books? I know it seems over the years they have become quite popular. I have a co-workers that listens to the constantly. He is usually driving truck, so he gets to take in a book while being hands free. He let me listen for about 5 minutes once and I didn't care for it. Does anyone else listen to them?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By nodle
      Has anyone else noticed the trend this year with Amazon, Google, and other companies producing in-home listening devices? They are everywhere this year. You are basically paying for a product to place in your home to have it listen to every word that you say. People are paying with their own money to place a CIA device in your home to have every word that is spoken run through keyword software. Lest see we first had social media for pictures and videos, then smart TVs for live video, and now we have audio. What's next your DNA? Oh wait they are already programs like that like 23andme, people trading their DNA in. That about covers it.
    • By nodle
      So i got an "audio sample" track from davec. I guess it was ripped from vinyl and encoded at 320kbps. I have to say that this is very, VERY clean sounding. I don't know if it's the high encoding rate of because it's straight from vinyl. But i have to say i am impressed. The highs are so tight and clean. And this is my unamped version. Over more impressed than i thought i would be, i thank the man for the nice sample. Some time you get a chance you should try to go FLAC and see what that sounds like. Thanks again!
    • By Davidc
      Anyone familiar with his work? His book on Winston Churchill's War is stunning. Churchill was a real dirtbag.  He gives good talks too. Has been accused of anti-Semitism but, he just uses source material and let's the readers draw their own conclusions.  
      https://www.amazon.com/Churchills-War-David-Irving/dp/0380763141