Fluxoid
nodle

Russia barred from the Winter Olympics

Wow that is quite the punishment they just got.

Russia’s Olympic team has been barred from the 2018 Winter Games in Pyeongchang, South Korea. The country’s government officials are forbidden to attend, its flag will not be displayed at the opening ceremony and its anthem will not sound. Any athletes from Russia who receive special dispensation to compete will do so as individuals wearing a neutral uniform, and the official record books will forever show that Russia won zero medals.

Basically even if you win it won't count.

Source

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By nodle
      So rumor on the street is Russia is thinking of creating it's own internet with it's friends. I can't say I blame them with all the takeover of the internet anymore. I have always said that it needed to remained untouched to see how it would evolve. But it seems like there is to much control anymore of it.
      Source
    • By nodle
      So I had been meaning to make a thread on this weeks ago when I first heard about it. I saw it first come out on a report telling any Government agency not to use Kaspersky. I thought "Hmmmm that is strange"? Then it hit the news about it maybe containing Russian back doors and malicious tools. While Kaspersky has denied this.
      Now I have always know that they were a Russian company, but those Russians know their code so this had never bothered me one bit. But it is like my conspiracy theory involving all antivirus companies, it's a million dollar business. Come out with the virus, only to have the tools to do the cleanup. I mean how else do you explain how fast they come up with the fixes so fast? Anyways, they did make some great removal tools. So I guess it really is hard to say if they can be trusted or not? Maybe it was a ploy since there was so much Russian hate lately? What are your thoughts?
      How Russian Firm Might Have Siphoned Tools From the NSA
    • By nodle
      Man I sure hope this catches on!:cool:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZIsc6KPkKA