Fluxoid

so... Cuphead finally released last week

http://cupheadgame.com/

I'm pretty disappointed.  It looked awesome originally.  Then they added some more good old-fashioned stuff, 2d side scrolling platforming.  But then I heard it was punishingly difficult.  I've watched a few streamers playing it and it certainly looks difficult.  So far I'm a little tempted to pick it up just because, but at the same time I think it would irritate me to the point of having to just quit and never play again

Funny I meant to post something on this. I had been looking forward to this (this was the whole reason I bought my xbox one at release) it's taking a dam long time btw. But I also heard it was a very tough game. I know I read that people that had PS4 were pissed since it was xbox only. This generation it is rare to not be multi platform. As much as I wanted to play it I think I will pass.

I gave in and purchased as well.  I did the tutorial quick on work PC and tried one level for about 5 minutes, will try some more tonight from the Xbox.

@Davidc - yes the intent of the game was to have the 30's style animation, and it looks very good.  Originally it was just supposed to be a series of boss encounters, similar to something like Punchout.  The developers failed to deliver multiple times over the past 4-5 years (I think it's been at least that long now).  They added some more to it than just bosses, but they've also made it to where it is supposedly a pretty difficult game.

@nodleI've talked to some friends that have been playing.  They said it is tough but fair, mostly going into fights learning the patterns and getting muscle memory down for each of them.  They are fans of things like Dark Souls though, so for me it may be fun for a bit, then frustrating to the point of having to quit.  We'll see.  There is an option to select a simple mode on the levels, or at least the one I started, so maybe it isn't going to be horrendous until a ways in

This topic has more replies, but you'll need to be signed in to view them.