Fluxoid
nodle

Nintendo's miniature NES

nodle    679

Thanks to @jmanz for heads up.

Dear Lord I want so badly!

Nintendo is bringing back the NES — only a little smaller.

Today the company announced what it's calling the Nintendo Entertainment System: NES Classic Edition. It looks just like a NES, only a lot tinier, and it comes with 30 games built in. You can connect it to your TV via a HDMI cable, and it also includes a controller designed to work just like the iconic rectangular NES gamepad. (The new controller will also connect to a Wii Remote, so that you can use it to play Virtual Console games on a Wii or Wii U.)

In addition to HDMI support and a lack of cartridges, the new mini-console also features one useful modern convenience: multiple suspend points, so that you won't have to fumble around with passwords when you start playing a game again. The NES Classic Edition will be available on November 11th for $59.99.

Here's the complete list of games:

• Balloon Fight
  • Bubble Bobble
  • Castlevania
  • Castlevania II: Simon's Quest
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Double Dragon II: The Revenge
  • Dr. Mario
  • Excitebike
  • Final Fantasy
  • Galaga
  • Ghosts'N Goblins
  • Gradius
  • Ice Climber
  • Kid Icarus
  • Kirby's Adventure
  • Mario Bros.
  • Mega Man 2
  • Metroid
  • Ninja Gaiden
  • Pac-Man
  • Punch-Out!! Featuring Mr. Dream
  • StarTropics
  • Super C
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Tecmo Bowl
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link

NES_Classic_2.0.jpg

• Like 1

ndboarder    210

They already sell some classic games for the virtual console thing.  Not sure why they wouldn't give this Ethernet and a store to let people buy other classics

ndboarder    210

Anyone manage to pick one of these up?  I saw the local Target still listed it as in stock around 8 this morning (didn't make it up early enough to go check), but now shows out of stock.  I'm guessing if they are out the more game/tech related retailers in town have sold out as well.

They go on sale on Amazon at 2:00 pm PST this afternoon.

nodle    679

I kinda have a feeling that these will also be highly sought after for the modding capabilities. Mark my words someone is going to buy one of these, tear out the guts and put a Raspberry Pi in there with a NES emulator with ALL the games.

nodle    679

I'm sorry I think Nintendo is making these limited on purpose to drum up more business. Kinda like they did with Amiibos. You can't find them anyway where. They knew what they were doing just waiting before the Holiday season.

ndboarder    210

The limited number available was probably intentional.  They aren't selling their current consoles well, so while it does drive some interest by making them limited, they also didn't do pre-orders to gauge how many would be required to meet demand either.

It's not like you'll never be able to get one, but like the Wii, you'll have to wait in lines or really watch ads and such, or wait until those willing to do that have gotten theirs and they are more commonly available.

C Pav    144
31 minutes ago, nodle said:

I'm sorry I think Nintendo is making these limited on purpose to drum up more business. Kinda like they did with Amiibos. You can't find them anyway where. They knew what they were doing just waiting before the Holiday season.

Yes typical Nintendo. They say otherwise but they know. I mean why not open preorders way before direct from them so they know how many people want it and then releases a ton more at launch. I guess one could argue "well they don't know how much demand and how they will sell" but as always it's Nintendo and we know how it sells.

I ran to Walmart Friday morning after the gym and me and 2 others were asking about it. Well guess what? They got 6 in with a line of 20 or more people at midnight. I can only imaging the freaks that were there. I know I am harsh but the people really come out of the wood works for these type of midnight releases. I then tried the Amazon at 3 on Friday and what another waste of time.

C Pav    144

What I hate the most is scalpers. I don't care about free world, free trade, and all that. I, along with many others, want to play the thing and not at a price above retail.

ndboarder    210

Funny thing is that these are hard to find and people act like it's a new concept.  There's been a classic Sega Genesis (even a portable one similar to their old handheld) or Atari for a while.

C Pav    144

Nintendo can get bent, get lost, go F themselves, GTFO and everything in between.

The release of this has been terrible and they suck. Oh and the specs of the Switch? Typical Nintendo underpowered and will probably die like the Wii U. Nintendo...please.

Yes I realize the power of the system isn't the most important but beyond the new Zelda and of course more Mario, what do they have to offer. Oh more Splatoon and Mario Kart. They need new Metroid and other past games that they were being good with.

Edited by C Pav

nodle    679
2 minutes ago, C Pav said:

Nintendo can get bent, get lost, go F themselves, GTFO and everything in between.

The release of this has been terrible and they suck. Oh and the specs of the Switch? Typical Nintendo underpowered and will probably die like the Wii U. Nintendo...please.

Yes I realize the power of the system isn't the most important but beyond the new Zelda and of course more Mario, what do they have to offer. Oh more Splatoon and Mario Kart. They need new Metroid and other past games that they were being good with.

I don't know man, they are marketing geniuses. The purposely made it limited, drove up sales. The release small things there and there like their mobile games etc. The are basically patient and in their own class. Plus you have our generation that want to live old memories.

C Pav    144
2 minutes ago, nodle said:

I don't know man, they are marketing geniuses. The purposely made it limited, drove up sales. The release small things there and there like their mobile games etc. The are basically patient and in their own class. Plus you have our generation that want to live old memories.

Well maybe I am mad more at scalpers and how this is to their advantage. If stupid people would just never put up with paying more than retail for it then this would never happen. It's those that have 10 or more and asking $200+. I get free market and all that but still.

nodle    679
23 minutes ago, C Pav said:

Well maybe I am mad more at scalpers and how this is to their advantage. If stupid people would just never put up with paying more than retail for it then this would never happen. It's those that have 10 or more and asking $200+. I get free market and all that but still.

Like I said there is no reason they couldn't had made more units. Also look at the release timing, right before Christmas, they know excalty what they are doing. Don't worry after the Holidays they will start hitting the stores in bulk, come back to normal price, and the scalpers know this. They are just trying to get as much as possible right now.

C Pav    144
1 hour ago, nodle said:

So how is it @C Pav?

Hide contents

Never mind look who I am talking to, I bet it never sees the light of day.

And why is that?

C Pav    144
9 minutes ago, nodle said:

Because you like to buy things and not open them.

Well you do understand that it's hard to open and play everything when I buy 20 games a week...

nodle    679
5 minutes ago, C Pav said:

Well you do understand that it's hard to open and play everything when I buy 20 games a week...

The question still remains, will you open it?