Fluxoid
nodle

Gold panning

nodle    622

Has anyone ever gone gold panning before? I had some Amazon credit and since I live in the heartland for this I thought why not? I picked up some 14" pans and two snuffers to be able to though in the back of the car in case were out by a stream or something. Hey you never know!

intro-top-10-panning.jpg

nodle    622

Well tried out some panning tonight. There is defiantly some skill to it. I kinda got it down. It takes a bit of time since you are just tying to get down to the black sand. We thought we found something tonight, but when I got home and got it under the magnifier it was just some mica. Looking forward to going out and trying again. It is neat to see the black sand stuff. Anyways let's hope for some better stuff next time!

nodle    622

Did some more panning tonight. I really need to do it earlier in the day. Kinda ran out of light tonight.

nodle    622

Had a meeting in an area that is probably the best place to pan in America today. Then we had lunch with a couple of guys that were into it. They brought their vials of gold flakes/nuggets to lunch. Basically you can just grab dirt right from the sides of the road in the area. They told me the spots to hit. I will get some flakes this summer.

nodle    622

Bought 4 more gold pans and a sleuth box yesterday, couldn't pass up the deal. Got some locations today where he guarantees we will get some flakes.

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

nodle    622

Well we didn't get to pan as much as I wanted to with @jmanz, but I can gladly say I found a speck. There is really an art to panning.

jmanz    128

Really was more challenging than I thought.Plus the fools gold makes it tough to spot the good stuff.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By nodle
      I thought I would make a post of a little hobby that I have been doing for the past couple of weeks. I got my old rock tumbler from my parents that I had growing up. I thought it would be a fun project for my Daughter. I ordered some new grit packets off of Amazon. I spent a few weeks collecting rocks for it. I was looking for unique ones. Also the rocks need to be a certain hardness. If you use the wrong type like a gravel rock it will probably wear away in the tumbler. I have already went though the first two packets of grit, each one takes 7 days 24hrs a day. I am on the pre-polish right now which only takes 3 days followed by another 7 days of polish and then the cleaning. Your gonna spend about a month total for a batch. Now I see why it wasn't much fun as a kid because of no patience. They are coming out nicely though. Each time I clean them it's next to see the forms they take. Anyway if you have a kid or even yourself it's a fun and pretty cheap hobby.
    • By Havel3k
      I have been losing weight again and have no plans for the future. I was 223 pounds in April. I started my diet on April 17th and am down to 185 today, which means I have lost 38 pounds as of today, July 19th. That's ~40 pounds in almost exactly 3 months. I'm not here to brag, just setting a milestone for myself for the future.

I haven't skateboarded since I was about 17, which is about the time I became heavily involved with girls and other extra-curricular activities. I am now 29 years old and I don't know how well my knees have held up, but I hereby solemnly swear (lol) that if I can get down to at least 170-175 again, I will purchase a skateboard and practice at least 4 times a week until Winter.

Again, this is just a note to myself and a proclamation to anyone who might read. I want to try to accomplish something I gave up a long time ago. I just don't want to go through life not doing the things that I want to do anymore.

Obligatory
      [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzYOA4-xNaA
    • By nodle
      Does anyone else have an unhealthy obsession with them? I have always loved them. Someday when I become rich I will have my Rolex. In the meantime I am addicted to others. Just picked up a new one. What do you think?