ndboarder

Valient Hearts - The Great War

This came out today on PC, Xbox One, PS4, Xbox 360 and PS3. Reading on it and watching a few videos, I just may have to try it out tonight. Looks like something a little different and like it would be enjoyable, and hopefully a little relaxing to play. Review from Gamespot below:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFdKl9LKN_4

• Like 1

Looks interesting...

I figured you'd like the art style. I like the art style, and I generally like puzzle solving games. Sounds like they aren't incredibly difficult, but that's fine. Hoping it takes a bit of thinking, but is generally just enjoyable to play like Max: TCOB. Also, hoping the story line is as interesting and well done as they make it sound in a number of reviews I've read/watched.

So far this game has been great. I won't go into great detail, but the story and the gameplay really suck you in. I probably would've played it all in one sitting, except a buddy harassed me about playing titanfall, so I switched to that for a while, and then I had to force myself to put the controller down about 1:00am and get to bed

I'm a sucker for new style of graphics games. I love the artwork as much as the game it'self. Ask [uSER=6]@ndboarder[/uSER] about it.

I'd say I probably played 3-4 hours last night. I'm not done with chapter 2 yet and there are 5 chapters. I probably could've gotten further in that amount of time, but I spent some time reading the historical facts that become available on each mission within a chapter, some additional time (not much) hunting for collectibles and there's a few puzzle areas that could've been done quicker that I had to take a few stabs at.

Between the artwork, story and game play I'm pretty sure that [uSER=1]@nodle[/uSER] would not regret spending $15 to play this on PS4 or PC

Between the artwork, story and game play I'm pretty sure that [uSER=1]@nodle[/uSER] would not regret spending $15 to play this on PS4 or PC

It looks good but for some reason I haven't touched my PS4 in weeks.

I put a couple more hours into this over the weekend. I haven't finished it yet. I'm not sure if I'm into Chapter 4 or just starting Chapter 5. It has still really drawn me in with the story. You play varying roles on either side of the fight, most of which didn't want to be in the fight in the first place. Two of the characters are family members that got pulled onto opposing sides.

This is one of my favorite games I've played over the past year or so and I highly recommend checking it out on the platform of your choosing.

It looks good but for some reason I haven't touched my PS4 in weeks.

I'm sad to see you lose your love of gaming. I guess being a dad caught you and you are now nearing full blown dad.

Finished this up last night. I guess there are only 4 chapters and I was almost at the end of 3 after the weekend. I'd wager that from start to finish the game took me 15 hours. You could probably cut that down a lot by spending less time looking for collectibles and skip reading the historical facts.

I then went back and put another 4.5 hours or so into replaying about half of the scenes to either pick up missing collectibles or attempt some achievement scenario specific to the scene. You can blow threw the scenes pretty quickly once you've played them once.

I'm now 100% complete on the cheevo's so add another to the short list of 1000 gs games in my list.

Overall I'd give this somewhere around an 8 or 9 of 10. The amount of gameplay for the price is fair. The story is very well done and draws you in. I'd love to comment more on the story, but don't really want to in case others here play this eventually.

The only downsides to me were:

1) There is one particularly frustrating scene later in chapter 4, speaking in terms of game play and not story line. You play as Karl and have to dig through an area quickly which is littered with explosives and bombs are falling above you eating away your protection. I struggled to get through this and the controls while digging could be a little tighter. The second time through the scene for achievement cleanup it wasn't so bad, but I still had to try a few times.

2) You wouldn't have to do this, but for cheevo cleanup you have to do a perfect healing while playing as the medic lady on one of the other characters at a certain point in the game. You do this from time to time through out the game. it isn't that difficult. Basically a rockband type of mini game where you press A/B/X/Y or a combination of them at the correct time. You have to try pretty hard to fail them, but you also have to try pretty hard (and many times) to do them 100% correctly, especially the one for the achievement. I guess it isn't a big deal, but it was frustrating me last night...

Watched the trailer for this today, it was quite heartwarming. When things settle down I may check this one out.