Sign in to follow this  
nodle

Anyone else just getting sick of people in general?

I am tired of people. I am tired of everything about them. I have learned in life that there are really just a handful of people that are good in the world. The rest are pointless people that just take up room and air. Just sitting here here listening to these women up front. No one really gives a shit that you want to buy a refrigerator and you can't get it today but have to wait till Thursday. Oh boo hoo. Maybe you should try doing some work instead of looking at refrigerators online while I sick back here and work. Have you ever really stopped and listen to people. People are so all about me, me, me. Just selfish bastards. Maybe it's just this job, but I really don't give a shit about these people here because I know the way they really are. I worked with some good people in the past, but I don't think there is one good person here since this new company took over. I know I would never give them my business. In fact I sometime wish I was a regular person and walk in here and listen to them talk their bullshit, then you know what I would do? I would call them out on it and tell them what idiots that they are and they have no clue what they are talking about. I would put them in their place.

I get that way. It's part of the reason I left facebook. I don't mind people in general, but most others have zero self-awareness. Maybe I'm a bit sensitive but I tend to (mostly) think about how what I'm doing or what I say affects others before I do it. There are more people like me, but they are behind computer screens, and the loud-mouths are the ones populating the "real world".

I'm sure somewhere inside they see life as survival of the fittest - but you have to think that possibly their lives are a sham for the most part. If they are that self-centered around people they don't know, you tend to wonder how many people they really do love or that love them. They could be living out their own vicious cycle with only the appearance that everything is going well for them.

That's the exact reason I have had such a hard time holding down a job. The old me would have possibly started a few arguments and fist-fights, but now I feel like I just can't handle it without some kind of retribution happening more frequently - and I know that me fighting them doesn't solve it. That's why I'm starting to look for online jobs - anything really - to avoid being around "consumers" or any business types for that matter. I can't handle ruthlessness face to face. I either explode or implode, no more patience.

I felt like this many times too. I've also felt even the closest ones around you didn't help or just went about their own business because they had their own busy lives. So really, no one was of help.

Those coworkers clucking over refrigerators are no different than most, bonding over anything they can to make time pass. What's funny is these are the same people who end up looking at more intelligent people like they are "different", and probably talk behind their backs all the time.

I still remember what this coworker said to me, "life is a constant struggle". He is very successful, high up in the company, making tons of money, but it's all the same. He works all to provide for his family, but vented all about how hard it is to raise a family and provide a work/lifestyle balance. On the outside, everyone looks proud, but on the inside, it's depressing. The "American Dream" is just that, only a dream.

On the point about calling people out or telling them off, I know of a friend who will casually, and intelligently call people out in the most respective, non-aggressive way possible, it's awesome. Maybe I'll send him over there :)

:(

No worries, nothing meant here. A lot of it is about managing what we have and being happy within our means. It can become hard since people naturally want to increase their standards. Some people just live a fast paced lifestyle and focus on fancy things more.

Didn't intend to question or accuse that you included me in your first sentence but I take things way too hard or read too much into things. It's just a fault I have. Maybe you are referring to others you speak of and not me but I hope I don't come across one that lives a fast paced lifestyle and wants fancy things. I know I went through a time of sports cars but it wasn't a desire to have 10 of them including a ferrari, lambo, etc.. Sure I enjoy video games and collecting them but I don't look to have a 100 inch television with gold plated monster cables while playing naked in a 25 room mansion.

I'm married now with a kid. I like simple things, in my opinion, which is games. I need it for stress relieve. I just see it as a small hobby to get away from work and other life responsibilities. I don't neglect those responsibilities and get sucked into playing games or exercise. I don't know....

• Like 1

Didn't intend to question or accuse that you included me in your first sentence but I take things way too hard or read too much into things. It's just a fault I have. Maybe you are referring to others you speak of and not me but I hope I don't come across one that lives a fast paced lifestyle and wants fancy things. I know I went through a time of sports cars but it wasn't a desire to have 10 of them including a ferrari, lambo, etc.. Sure I enjoy video games and collecting them but I don't look to have a 100 inch television with gold plated monster cables while playing naked in a 25 room mansion.

I'm married now with a kid. I like simple things, in my opinion, which is games. I need it for stress relieve. I just see it as a small hobby to get away from work and other life responsibilities. I don't neglect those responsibilities and get sucked into playing games or exercise. I don't know....

Not towards you at all bro, you and including all on frequenters on this board are all good in my mind. :)

In fact my post came off a little too strong and possibly hypocritical. I'm more talking the general mind frame that including myself and get sucked into. No issue in enjoying life with some nice things once in a while.

• Like 1

Not towards you at all bro, you and including all on frequenters on this board are all good in my mind. :)

In fact my post came off a little too strong and possibly hypocritical. I'm more talking the general mind frame that including myself and get sucked into. No issue in enjoying life with some nice things once in a while.

(y):):cool: