nodle

Saturday morning cartoons

I use to look forward to this each Saturday. I would set my alarm for 5:50 so that I could be up by 6:00. We only got two channels back then. I think NBC & CBS. I would watch it on our only tv. A 13" black and white television. I would go all morning until I think 10 or 11. Each season the new cartoons would come out and I would plan my channel switching to watch one or the other. There was no recording so you had to pick or choose. Love those days.

• Like 1

The nostalgia! I've been watching a lot of Saved By The Bell lately, so this has been on my mind as well

Ya Saved By the Bell use to come on after the cartoons got over. It would come on I think around 10 am?

I miss those days as well. I also remember afternoon cartoons after soap operas which included Dennis the Menace and Woody Wood Pecker. So many different shows and cartoons throughout growing up I get so nostalgic thinking about them.

Yeah! We used to spend weekends at my dad's and he would get up early and record stuff for us on vhs. Muppet Babies etc lol. I think stuff like mask and transformers too.

Loved M.A.S.K, forgot about C.O.P.S but watching the video I remember it vaguely. Not at all familiar with the other three.

Mostly I recall Saturday morning's growing up being Transformers, MASK, TMNT and Looney Tunes.

Ducktales, Chip and Dale, etc - were these on Saturday's or afternoons after school?

Ducktales, Chip and Dale, etc - were these on Saturday's or afternoons after school?

After school

There was some interplanetary space boat with plants and cars that were plants and had buzz saws and such. I had to wake up super early for that though.

Ducktales came on at 5:00, if you made it home early I think Gi-joe would play reruns at 4:30. Originally Gi-joe would come on early in the weekdays morning followed by Transformers or the other way around from what I can remember.

• Like 1

Ducktales came on at 5:00, if you made it home early I think Gi-joe would play reruns at 4:30. Originally Gi-joe would come on early in the weekdays morning followed by Transformers or the other way around from what I can remember.

You are correct with the early morning Gi-Joe and Transformers. Brother and I had paper routes and I remember being up early and watching part of those before delivering(maybe after I can't rememeber).

After school

There was some interplanetary space boat with plants and cars that were plants and had buzz saws and such. I had to wake up super early for that though.

Mutha Fuckin J.C and the Wheeled Warriors! I used to watch this show! Mornings, after school. Maybe it was on saturdays *shrug*

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1c1G24GWDg

It was damn hard to find anything worth watching Sunday mornings though.

hahaha. one time when i broke up with my girlfriend i made up a story about david the gnome divorcing his wife, getting drunk, and crashing his fox, swift, into a tree - sent it to my brother on MSN messenger haha

i was about 16

ur right though it was pretty dark ! i'm sure it had some environmental subliminal messages and stuff. tom bosley right off the heels of happy days and the 70s