Sign in to follow this  
nodle

Mortal Kombat X

I played so much of the old ones, but I"ve bought a few of the newer games and they just never live up to what I remember and I suck at them.

I enjoyed the last one and it was very well done so excited for this one. There were a few in the middle I didn't enjoy so much. I do agree that they sort of got stale after the 3rd one but after a long break of not playing any the last one was good.

My PC was too slow for the last one.

Side note: the latest MK & DC: Injustice are 75% off on steam. Mortal kombat komplete is routinely on discount as well!

I have to admit after watching the E3 video for this, it does look really good. I wasn't interested until I saw the video.

I have to admit after watching the E3 video for this, it does look really good. I wasn't interested until I saw the video.

They did an excellent job with the last one and this one sounds and looks even better.

Out today. I was just reading that they added some almost "Freemium" type features to the game. You still gotta buy the game, but you can buy "Easy Fatality" packs as well. I think it was like 5 for $0.99 or 30 for $4.99. These allow you to perform a fatality with 1 or 2 button clicks rather than a complex series of movements/buttons - just gotta keep buying more if you can't get down the actual combinations... UGH

Out today. I was just reading that they added some almost "Freemium" type features to the game. You still gotta buy the game, but you can buy "Easy Fatality" packs as well. I think it was like 5 for $0.99 or 30 for $4.99. These allow you to perform a fatality with 1 or 2 button clicks rather than a complex series of movements/buttons - just gotta keep buying more if you can't get down the actual combinations... UGH

LOL pay for play stuff is getting ridiculous.

This already ruins it for me. I hate this gaming generation. :cry:

I have heard decent things about this game, but I started thinking how boring it must get real fast. I mean once you have seen the fatalities then it's just the same old over and over. They should come out with something like Borderlands and their gun system where the game engine creates its own fatalities over and over.

I have heard decent things about this game, but I started thinking how boring it must get real fast. I mean once you have seen the fatalities then it's just the same old over and over. They should come out with something like Borderlands and their gun system where the game engine creates its own fatalities over and over.

I get what you are saying about same old over and over but the same could be said for any and every game EVER. All games become boring past a certain point no matter what content is added or generated. Some games do last longer with expansions and added content like WoW but in the ends it gets old. You come back after a break and then guess what, gets boring again.

Mortal Kombat is meant to be a fighting game not a fatality game and it's target market is fighting fans and long time Mortal Kombat fans first. The gore, violence and fatalities is just the secondary selling point that has been a staple with the series.

No I just want the wow factory to keep going. Like have the game engine randomly piece together new fatalities. So every time you see one it's a new experience.

Well that didn't take to long. Reading online it seems like everyone is already burnt out of this game now.

Well that didn't take to long. Reading online it seems like everyone is already burnt out of this game now.

It's not like it wasn't expected. Not a bad game just only offers so much before it gets old. Same can be said for so many games ever. It's how games are and always will be. Some of the greatest games ever made are one and done so doesn't make it a bad game.

• Like 1

This is the sort of game that of that would benefit from a good engine that last many years. They could add new player models, movements and backgrounds as DLC of the lifespan of the console or version of DirectX. MKX is on directx 11. Should there be anything else until then? I may be inaccurate, but I've always that that a marker of the era of video card. Anyway, I don't think Mortal Kombat should come out more than once per console. The rest they could deliver in DLC or a physical disc.

This is the sort of game that of that would benefit from a good engine that last many years. They could add new player models, movements and backgrounds as DLC of the lifespan of the console or version of DirectX. MKX is on directx 11. Should there be anything else until then? I may be inaccurate, but I've always that that a marker of the era of video card. Anyway, I don't think Mortal Kombat should come out more than once per console. The rest they could deliver in DLC or a physical disc.

Again, same could be said for so many other games....... At least with this they do have a plethora of new characters and a story mode which is not bad. There is a lot of additional stuff to do but yes does eventually get old.