Sign in to follow this  
ndboarder

Murdered: Soul Suspect

We've had some threads on the last couple weeks bigger releases (Wolfenstein and Watch Dogs). Next week (6/3), Murdered: Soul Suspect will hit the streets.

Watching some of the trailers, it seems like an intriguing game to me. I like the detective games, like L.A. Noire. The plot here of working on solving your own murder is a neat twist.

I'll probably read reviews a bit, but it's another tempting one for me.

Strange I never even heard of this. I see it's available for both platforms. One thing I will miss on the Xbox is the Alan Wake series. :(

This comes out tomorrow. Of course, so does the new Call of Duty maps which will contain a new chapter in the Extinction portion that I'll need to work on with buddies.

I did purchase some credit for my MS account over the weekend with plans of purchasing this and possibly some of the other recent releases. yes, I could just purchase the digital directly with credit card, but I like to buy the $50 account credit voucher things to maximize the points earned per dollar spent (credit card point program, retailer point program, etc)

Ouch. Reviews on this are not the greatest. There have been some positive, but most are pretty mixed reviews. I'm still intrigued, the few positive ones seem like I could relate to them, the mixed calls out a few concerns, but nothing that sounds terrible.

Ouch. Reviews on this are not the greatest. There have been some positive, but most are pretty mixed reviews. I'm still intrigued, the few positive ones seem like I could relate to them, the mixed calls out a few concerns, but nothing that sounds terrible.

I had a feeling that this was gonna bomb.

This is still tempting me. User reviews aren't as bad as the critic reviews, so given the intrigue I have in it I may enjoy it.

Critic reviews seem to keep getting worse. User reviews are still fairly favorable. I'm starting to think this is just a game that you will either love or hate depending on if it is up your alley.

It's still very tempting. I was watching on the 2nd to see if I could digitally purchase at midnight CST, while waiting I checked a few of the twitch feeds that show next to the game. Users elsewhere must have purchased physical copies at midnight in their local time zone. The starting story and game play I saw didn't look horrible, may be repetitive over time.

Obviously this is still tempting me quite a bit. Given critic reviews I may try to hold out a month or two, see if it shows up in Games with Gold or has a quick price drop.

Just saw on a discussion here someone say they were about 75% of the way through this and that it was a great game.

Compared the ability of the story to pull you in to that of the Walking Dead series (the games from Tell Tale, not the show)

Said it was a little easier than some Sherlock Holmes games. I'm more and more thinking that critics don't like crime solving games, but that if you are a gamer that does enjoy those this would be a good game in spite of the reviews.

Saw an article this morning that the development studio that made this game has closed its doors. I guess they had some layoffs in late 2013 as well.

I do want to at least try this game and was just waiting on a price drop. Now I'm wondering if I need to hurry up and just get it or if it will remain in the digital market places for purchase. I may still hold out and hope the price comes down a bit, but will be disappointed if it just disappears and I'm forced to find a disc based version of the game to be able to play

Hold off, this thing I have a feeling with be dirt cheap soon.

I know reviews weren't spectacular, but I think I might enjoy the game and/or story at least. I'm just hoping its the digital version that becomes dirt cheap and not that physical copies are cheap (clearance and then out of circulation) with the digital copy pulled.

Still wish I'd pulled the trigger on a copy of Deadpool for the 360. I suppose I could find it online, but never see it in stores any more. Another terribly reviewed game that might have been good for a laugh or two and a few achievements....