Sign in to follow this  
C Pav

Laminate flooring

So our house has laminate flooring.....THE WHOLE UPSTAIRS. We knew it when we bought the house. We would have liked carpet for most of the rooms because of our sons age since he still crawled and learning to walk plus carpet is more comfortable but large rugs can be purchased. Don't get me wrong it looks very nice but to care for it is nearly impossible. How the previous owner had it look so nice when we moved in is beyond me. Felt pads need to, well should be, put on all furniture to not ruin it. Walk on it? Ruined! Drop something on it, especially metal and heavy? Super ruined! Sweep it? Probably ruined! Use too much water when you clean and let it sit on it? RUINED! Breath on it or even look at it? Ruined! Pretty much need to live in a vacuum and hover above it to keep it from scratching, scuffing or leaving marks.

Pros: Looks nice

Cons: too many

lol love it. I think one problem is your wood color is a real dark wood. A lighter wood flooring wouldn't show as much. Just like a black car vs. a white car. But your floor is nice. Most people want that in a house today. I think they should had just ended it in the kitchen then about half way over added carpet. Kinda half and half. But be thankful you could have worse floors. We just have the bare particle board with nails sticking up.

Our entire upstairs is also laminate flooring. The trim around it looks like crap, and pretty much always has. The flooring itself seems pretty durable to me though. The coloring of ours is pretty light though, so perhaps that makes a big difference. Dogs get water all over all the time, track in mud, run around with their claws digging at it constantly. Sweep it up and mop a bit and it seems to look like new.

The one thing I do hate about it is that since there's not carpet fibers to catch the shedding dog hair, there's always "tumbleweeds" of dog hair drifting around as the natural air movement seems to bring it all together

Our entire upstairs is also laminate flooring. The trim around it looks like crap, and pretty much always has. The flooring itself seems pretty durable to me though. The coloring of ours is pretty light though, so perhaps that makes a big difference. Dogs get water all over all the time, track in mud, run around with their claws digging at it constantly. Sweep it up and mop a bit and it seems to look like new.

The one thing I do hate about it is that since there's not carpet fibers to catch the shedding dog hair, there's always "tumbleweeds" of dog hair drifting around as the natural air movement seems to bring it all together

Woah, woah, WOAH, what type of magical laminate do you have that does not get scratched and marked up from those claws? I barely breath on mine and a mark is left in the top layer.

Woah, woah, WOAH, what type of magical laminate do you have that does not get scratched and marked up from those claws? I barely breath on mine and a mark is left in the top layer.

I have no idea, it was there when we moved in. Then again, I may just not be all that particular/observant to really stare at it and find the scratches.

I have no idea, it was there when we moved in. Then again, I may just not be all that particular/observant to really stare at it and find the scratches.

Did you get that xbox logo embedded in the middle of it yet like a basketball court?:D

Did you get that xbox logo embedded in the middle of it yet like a basketball court?:D

No. I did seed it into the yard with different varieties of grass though. I even made sure to spell out "no nodle's allowed" in the center of the X