Sign in to follow this  
ryanator

The job Outsourcing topic

I wanted to created this because you will see more and more outsourcing in the future, even of career fields you wouldn't think of.

I was reading a news article today about a certain airline industry is now employing pilots from a foreign pilot supply company. Read that over a few times. The main article is here: outsourcing pilots

I can see from a business aspect of doing so, but it's becoming more common and doesn't seem right. Outsourcing seems to separate the employee team aspect from the company.

Our local hospital for instance had a full spectrum of services working as hospital employees. But in the past year they "outsourced" several departments including HIS (information records), patient accounts and billing, and Information Technology. The next to go are the Finance and Human Resources. Also in the past they tried the housekeeping, but that came back, but give it time, and will be outsourced again. There are even places that outsource their radiology and even nursing. Why not even doctors? It's already common to have what they called "locums" that travel from hospital to hospital to work weeks or months a time. They probably wouldn't go that far, because they know it's valuable to have that doctor-patient connection.

I see this as more common practice in any field possible. The company will do this as not to handle the HR part of it and not worry about benefits (though some companies are starting to kick the standard benefit package anyway).

It's funny how it's to save a buck but the cost to the consumer, customer or patient keeps going up. All while the quality of the service goes down. There are so few that take pride in their skill or work. Most people just want to get through the work day(going through the motions without emotion), get paid and go do anything but work.

Here's a point to ponder. On the extreme side of outsourcing, I heard of a manager outsourcing his complete job and duties to someone willing to work for peanuts in China. Also, I hear some software development people did the same.