Sign in to follow this  
nodle

The lack of JRPGS

[uSER=21]@C Pav[/uSER] mentioned this yesterday. I have to admit he's right there are no jrpgs out for either system. Normally it's one of the first types of games to get released when a new system is launched. Seems like there are more coming out on the PC lately than console. Have our gaming taste changed to shooters like COD? What is going on?

[uSER=21]@C Pav[/uSER] mentioned this yesterday. I have to admit he's right there are no jrpgs out for either system. Normally it's one of the first types of games to get released when a new system is launched. Seems like there are more coming out on the PC lately than console. Have our gaming taste changed to shooters like COD? What is going on?

I actually feel a little guilty at times for playing FPS as much as I do for two reasons:

1) I'm not getting the achievements I should be on other games

2) More to your question/point, many of the big studios are primarily focused more on FPS these days because they are some of the biggest money makers and I'm really only helping spread that sentiment I guess

The early years of the XBox 360 had Blue Dragon, Tales of Vesperia, Eternal Sonata, Lost Odyssey and others I can't recall at the moment. It just seems they stopped making and bringing those types of games to the XBox especially.

The early years of the XBox 360 had Blue Dragon, Tales of Vesperia, Eternal Sonata, Lost Odyssey and others I can't recall at the moment. It just seems they stopped making and bringing those types of games to the XBox especially.

The whole reason I bought my xbox 360 was for Lost Odyssey (which I never finished).