Sign in to follow this  
nodle

FCC approves plan to allow for paid priority on Internet

This is bad, very very bad.

The Federal Communications Commission on Thursday voted in favor of advancing a proposal that would dramatically reshape the way consumers experience the Internet, opening the possibility of Internet service providers charging Web sites for higher-quality delivery of their content to American consumers........

Washington Post

It's really bad, honestly it will be just like the early cell phone days. Right now it's like the early plans, unlimited data for all. Then they will lower it more and more and more. It honestly will really be the end of the internet if something like this were to go through. The internet should never be touched, it's been touched to much as it is.

It honestly will really be the end of the internet.

I'd love to say you were going overboard, but it would definitely change things if treated like electric and water bills. Hopefully if it's one of those two, it's closer to water....

I know I'd have to think a lot about using things like Plex to view my media remotely, use Netflix or even play the online games with buddies like I do most nights.