ryanator

E.T. grave dug up.

Remember the story of the E.T. atari games from the early 80's buried in a landfill because of how bad it was? Well, a crew dug it up recently. http://www.cnet.com/news/found-ataris-e-t-games-dug-up-from-new-mexico-landfill/

Another thing this reminds me of is when Topps company threw thousands of crates of their 1952 Topps baseball cards oversea. Well, that set contains the now infamous most sought after Micky Mantle rookie card worth tons of money. Of course, throwing all the unopened cards adds to the value of the sets and Mantles, too bad the same can't be said of E.T.

• Like 1

Ya I think Xbox is sponsoring it. Also don't forget the Angry Video Game Nerd movie is coming out soon that deals with this also.

Yeah, the article briefly made mention that Xbox Entertainment Studios was the financial backer for the dig. I believe the full documentary will be exclusively broadcast on Xbox, you know, until an hour after it airs and then is all over the web anyway.

I don't know why anyone didn't do this sooner. I mean everyone knew they were there. Now they will probably sell for big bucks.

I don't know why anyone didn't do this sooner. I mean everyone knew they were there. Now they will probably sell for big bucks.

It is just like the oil in Western ND. They left in the ground until it was profitable.

Or

92040-that-belongs-in-a-museum-gif-I-AhR4.gif

BUMP: The "Atari: Game over" documentary is out now on Xbox Video. I know I'll be watching sometime this weekend.

The note I saw on this (Major Nelson) just said it is on Xbox Video and free, so I'm betting any device you put Xbox video on (phones (yes, iOS and droid versions exist), tablets, Xbox consoles, etc will allow access to watch.

Watched this (kinda - it was on anyway) on Friday while I was making some lefse for Thanksgiving. A lot of interviews with Atari folks, the guys that really planned out the dig and all that, along with gaming media and such. Not a lot of time spent on the actual dig itself. It was interesting either way and I"ll have to rewatch it sometime when it has my full attention.

Well go find a Microsoft Store or a Best Buy. Both were offering a $100 trade in credit for a functioning 360 or PS3, so take the holiday price ($349) minus that credit and you can probably get away for a little less than the $260 I required

So not to hijack this thread, but I show that you do get $100 credit on the Microsoft store for trade in. How does that work? Do you have to pay for your own shipping to them, or do they send you a box?

• Like 1

So not to hijack this thread, but I show that you do get $100 credit on the Microsoft store for trade in. How does that work? Do you have to pay for your own shipping to them, or do they send you a box?

I dunno, I never looked into it for myself, so guess you'd have to ask them to find out. I know MS generally sends boxes for repair stuff, but no clue if the Retail stores do the same or would require you ship it to them.