Sign in to follow this  
nodle

Abandoned 'Hey Dude' TV Show Set

Yep looks exactly like my childhood

I imagine Joe "Danny" Torres still lives around there, hunting wild animals and scaring off homeless people using Scooby-doo-esque tactics

WTF you serious? Huge show on Nickelodeon growing up.

Ha, Nickelodeon in rural ND back in that timeframe. I'm with [uSER=5]@jmanz[/uSER], I've never seen an episode of it. Heard of it, but barely.

Ya you are probably right. The more I think about it I now realized that having a satellite dish or even cable was a big thing back in the day. Does anyone remember those large satellite dishes out in the yard that would actually move? It could be a tiny trailer that someone was living it, but they were king if they had one of those out in the yard. We never had one but I had rich friends that had them in their yard. Also cable was very expensive and only available in certain cities. They would come with that box that would sit on top of your tv and had the numbers displayed on them and came with a remote.

Ya you are probably right. The more I think about it I now realized that having a satellite dish or even cable was a big thing back in the day. Does anyone remember those large satellite dishes out in the yard that would actually move? It could be a tiny trailer that someone was living it, but they were king if they had one of those out in the yard. We never had one but I had rich friends that had them in their yard. Also cable was very expensive and only available in certain cities. They would come with that box that would sit on top of your tv and had the numbers displayed on them and came with a remote.

Yeah, my grandparents had one. They lived on the same farmstead, so was nearby, but still never saw any kids shows. I do remember having the box with a few different numbers to set, some of which were the satellite position. When changed, having to wait a bit for the dish to finish moving.

Ha, Nickelodeon in rural ND back in that timeframe. I'm with [uSER=5]@jmanz[/uSER], I've never seen an episode of it. Heard of it, but barely.

Exactly, I can't remember exactly how old I was but we didn't have those channels for a long long time.

Exactly, I can't remember exactly how old I was but we didn't have those channels for a long long time.

I know I was probably well into my teens before we had anything other than PBS, CBS, ABC, FOX and NBC over the air. When we did get a dish, it was Primestar. IIRC, they were eventually bought by DirecTV, maybe it was DISH, I dunno

Primestar, wow I forgot about that. We did have that along with an offering from daktel, DTV was or something like that? Not sure which came first.

Hey I lived with a 13" B&W television till I was about 15 or 16 when my parents bought a 26" colored television and I thought it looked like a big screen.

My Nintendo was hooked up on a B&W for many years. My dad wouldn't let me hook it up to the colored tv because he said it would mess it up hahahahahaha. He just didn't want the tv tied up in hindsight. Classic

My Nintendo was hooked up on a B&W for many years. My dad wouldn't let me hook it up to the colored tv because he said it would mess it up hahahahahaha. He just didn't want the tv tied up in hindsight. Classic

lol that's awesome. Ya played my Nes on B&W also. I remember it had two dials on the side that would click when you would turn, one for uhf, and vhf.

Every dad said that.