Sign in to follow this  
nodle

Group Video Calling is now free on Skype

This is kinda cool. I once tried it and you needed to be a Premium member. Neat.

Skype is proud that, since our beginning, we’ve created opportunities for people to communicate freely and easily, no matter where they are; from keeping in touch with remote family members or calling home when traveling to chatting daily with your close circles of friends. While Skype is known for one to one video calling, we know it’s also essential to connect with the groups of people who matter most, whether friends, family or colleagues. For the last few years, we’ve offered group video calling to Premium users on Windows desktop and Mac and more recently Xbox One. Today, we’re excited to announce that we’re making group video calling free – for all users on these platforms. And, in the future, we’ll be enabling group video calling for all our users across more platforms – at no cost.

Source

I tried this from my Xbox One a while back, when it was still a premium requirement, but they gave Xbox One owners a year of that. Wonder if that will stand now that premium gets you world calling and such, anyway...

It's nice to see they made this free, given not all video services offer group calls. I personally don't often have a need for this often, but tried to use it with my parents and grandparents when the parents were at my nieces first birthday part and the rest of us couldn't make the trip.