Sign in to follow this  
nodle

Disney's Magic bands

We went on a Disney Cruise in January. We all had cards that served as Room Keys, IDs, and debit cards. It was handy. The kids had bands similar to those to be used when they went to the kids clubs. They also served as ID bracelet, because what 7 year old is going to keep track of a room key?

How did you like the Disney cruise? I know they are popular with kids. I would be scared to go on a cruise though.

I was reluctant to go at first. We lived in Texas from 2000 to 2007 when the Gulf cruise line operators were having problems with everyone getting sick. I didn't want to get sick and I don't like the water.

Our first stop was in Nassau Bay. That place is a dump. Then we stopped in Castaway Cay (pronounced Key.) That was fun, but the food there wasn't nearly as good as the food on the boat.

Overall it was fun. Although, I'm not sure it was anymore fun than one of the parks. I've always wanted to go to Epcot. My wife said she might go on a cruise again, but not a Disney. It was fun and we went with friends, so that made it. If it was just us, I wouldn't go again.

The biggest impression I had was it is a thing for people that have a lot of money. We ate whatever we wanted for free, but drinks were like $7 and up. Souvenirs were super expensive on the boat. The stuff the islanders were selling were cheap except the wood carvings. Those were nice. Anyway, all in all, I felt poor. We could have easily spent another 2 to 3000 by the time you add excursions. We were going to feed the rays, but it was too windy and they refunded our money.