Sign in to follow this  
nodle

Arkham Knight Design Revealed

Just watched a trailer for it this morning, well more of a dev talking about the game while the trailer played. Their ideas for the batmobile seem good.

I did not realize till watching it that the Dark Knight (as pictured in @nodles post) was the villain of the game and not just Bruce Wayne in a new bat suit. Shows how much attention I've been paying...

To me it feels more like what Batman really is. Not a super hero just a rich kid left with his parents fortune. He uses his money to create cool toys to fight crime, bent on revenge of his parents. He has no super powers at all. Basically a spoiled rich kid bent on revenge. Just saying...

Have you watched the trailer for the game? I realize now I called the character "Dark Knight" as in the movie, which is incorrect. The character shown in the image is "Arkham Knight".

Batman is definitely just a rich kid out for revenge. Or at least that's how he got his start and then there's debate as to why he still does what he does.

I was just sayin, the image posted here is the villain from the upcoming game, not Batman. The Batman character doesn't seem to have changed a lot from the previous release. You can see some screenshots in the article below of Batman from the game, the Batmobile, and one of Arkham Knight having Batman pinned to the ground at gun point.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/27/batman-arkham-knight-what-you-really-need-to-know

Have you watched the trailer for the game? I realize now I called the character "Dark Knight" as in the movie, which is incorrect. The character shown in the image is "Arkham Knight".

Batman is definitely just a rich kid out for revenge. Or at least that's how he got his start and then there's debate as to why he still does what he does.

I was just sayin, the image posted here is the villain from the upcoming game, not Batman. The Batman character doesn't seem to have changed a lot from the previous release. You can see some screenshots in the article below of Batman from the game, the Batmobile, and one of Arkham Knight having Batman pinned to the ground at gun point.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/27/batman-arkham-knight-what-you-really-need-to-know

Oh I thought this new character was batman. That's a shame.

Same here, but I know it will be on Xbox One, gotta get that gamer score. I'm a huge fan of the series. I see there is another new trailer out now as well. Just saw the headline in my RSS feeds, so I'll have to find it and watch it later today. Apparently it shows there are multiple playable characters.

DLC... Nothing new. Every Arkham game has had DLC, the difference now is that this game will actually add more single player content that isn't just fight challenge crap (supposedly). Just another article trying to stir junk up about having add on content after a game release.

Not really any different than map packs for CoD, or adding new raids and content to Destiny. If studios have the content ready at launch and just hold junk back to charge later, that's BS. If the game is what it is at launch, and they add more content over time to keep players engaged, it's entirely at the players discretion if the original game was good enough to want to pay to have new content.

Still beats paying monthly subscription fees..........

I haven't read a whole lot on the PC issues. Is there more problems than just the locked 30fps?

In my 20 minutes or so of play on the X1it looks good, responds well and I didn't see any glaring issues. Time will tell if the driving mechanics on the batmobile are decent and I just stink at them, or if it will remain difficult to navigate at high speed with it.

4pm today

Rocksteady is leading our team of developers and partners as we work on the PC performance issues that players have been encountering. The work is significant and while we are making good progress on improving performance, it will take some time to ensure that we get the right fixes in place.

Below is the list of the key areas where we are dedicating our resources to improve the experience for our loyal fans:

• Support for frame rates above 30FPS in the graphics settings menu
  • Fix for low resolution texture bug
  • Improve overall performance and framerate hitches
  • Add more options to the graphics settings menu
  • Improvements to hard drive streaming and hitches
  • Address full screen rendering bug on gaming laptops
  • Improvements to system memory and VRAM usage
  • NVIDIA SLI bug fixes
  • Enabling AMD Crossfire
  • NVIDIA and AMD updated drivers

While we work on improving performance, we will also continue to make interim patches available to address issues for those still playing the game on PC. The first patch is being released now and the updates include:

• Fixed a crash that was happening for some users when exiting the game
  • Fixed a bug which disabled rain effects and ambient occlusion. We are actively looking into fixing other bugs to improve this further
  • Corrected an issue that was causing Steam to re-download the game when verifying the integrity of the game cache through the Steam client
  • Fixed a bug that caused the game to crash when turning off Motion Blur in BmSystemSettings.ini. A future patch will enable this in the graphics settings menu

We would like to thank our fans for their patience and invaluable feedback. We will continue to monitor and listen for any additional issues.

I played a fair amount of this over the weekend on the X1. Solid game so far. I've been tempted to go read spoilers on the story, but trying not to for now.

It feels like they want you to do a lot of driving - but you can jump/glide/grapple around the city just like previous games too. The Batmobile does have a tank mode that you engage and will need for some areas though, and the vehicle with some abilities are required in some areas I've done too. Either way so far it seems to add to the game play and traversal options for me. Maybe more accurately it seems to enhance the game and not be a detriment to it.

game has actually gotten worse on my PC for some reason

12 gb ram and it repeatedly crashes because windows is low on memory lolol

while it was frozen I ctrl-alt-del'ed and it was stuck at 3 gigs used with huge spikes in cpu cores from the time where it crashed

time for xbox lol