Your take on social media censoring?

jmanz

I bought you the sims
Members
Instagram has now permanently blocked Trump as well. (same company).

Permanently and indefinitely are not the same thing. It may lead to being permanent but that's not what they (Zuck) are saying as of now.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Twitch has now Banned Trump as well.
"In light of yesterday’s shocking attack on the Capitol, we have disabled President Trump’s Twitch channel. Given the current extraordinary circumstance and the President’s incendiary rhetoric, we believe this is a necessary step to protect our community and prevent Twitch from being used to incite further violence."

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Looks like the social media censorship is spilling into the real world now. Imagine being banned because of your political party you choose.

Last edited:

ryanator

Mathematical
Members
I also heard Twitter did the same to other high profile users, Michael Flynn, Sidney Powell, among others. Facebook has deleted many pro trump groups. Talk about double standards and hypocrisy. It’s funny, if you look back, you will see the aired segments of CNN condoning the blm riots and had news back some years on dominion voting fraud, I kid you not. Welcome to clown world.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
A mass purge across mass platforms, if you go against their views. Using violence as an excuse.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
The past 24 hours:
- Twitter permanently suspends President Trump
- Twitter suspends "POTUS" government twitter account
- Amazon employees call for company to stop hosting Parler through AWS
- Google removes Parler from Google Play, Apple considers following suit
- YouTube Bans Steve Bannon
- CEO of Mozilla says we need more than deflatforming

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Which browser do you suggest? I’m definitely not going Google chrome and leery of MS based ones.
Honestly I use to be a diehard Firefox fan. But since I have switched to Microsoft Edge I have really been enjoying it. It's actually Chrome under the hood (probably not the best for privacy). But It works quite well, and the addons seem to work better in it than they did in Firefox. If you are really concerned then:

or

or