Dream Tale

Davidc

Reaction score
I've had a dream off and on for years from childhood up into adulthood. The dream is of a railway that runs a few miles from our place. I can see the train and hear it from the farmstead. Always left with a haunting feeling from the reoccurring dream. I did some checking around and found out that back in 1900 they planned to extend the branch line that runs from a town southeast of our place to a location northwest (below Rugby). I matched up what I saw on the old map to google earth and drew a line. It runs exactly where the dream always shows. We are talking plus or minus a few hundred feet. I'm sure they would have done some meandering but still kinda weird.

https://www.loc.gov/resource/g4126p.rr005020/

Location in Dream: *removed*

Moderator: Can we make this one inaccessible to public since it gives my location away?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll add one thing. In the 1880's there was a wagon trail that came right through our area before the roads. I wondering if that trail wasn't the inspiration for the proposed extension of the railway? You can find dotted lines representing trail remnants on maps of that period and later up to around 1900.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is no way for me to make an individual post from public view, I can do forums, but no singular threads, do you want to edit it?

We could leave the coordinates up for a while and then maybe edit later on... thanks sir.

And it feels right this time

On his crash course with the big time

Paid no mind to the distant thunder

Today filled his head with wonder... boy

Says it feels right this time

Turn around and found the light lime

Good day to be alive... sir

Good day to be alive he said

Then it comes to be that the soothing light

At the end of your tunnel

It's just a freight train comin your way

Don't it feel right like this

All the pieces fall to his wish

Sucker for that quick reward... boy

Sucker for that quick reward they said

It's comin' your way

It's comin your way

It comes!

Was just a freight train comin your way

Then it comes to be... yeah

I talked to my dad this weekend and he says he remembers breaking up the pasture land that used to have the wagon trail running through it. Said the ruts were pretty deep. Dad had a friend at the time who was big into historical preservation and he didn't want dad to dig up the trail.

There is an old wagon trail just west of us here about an hour and a half.  You can still see it on the hillsides. It was one of the main routes coming up from California or something. Makes you wonder how many wagons and people passed over it. The ruts are quite seep.

Back