Windows 10 + print drivers = grrr

Davidc

Reaction score
They've went backwards here. I can just feel the anger coming on.

People still use printers? @C Pav is your man.

The wrath commeth.

It's like Saturday morning at Telco support line.

Windows 10 and printers is a 2 way street. For fairly simple and new printers they are pretty much plug in and they auto install and work. BUT here at work our large Xerox Workcentre 570 is a freaking pain when I have to reinstall it. Windows 7 was pretty simple. 10 not so much. I dread the next time I will have to do it as last time I fought with it so much.

WHat happenes every so often, since it's a 2 way communication device, is every so often it loses connectivity to everyone in the office. I know when I get bombarded with users not being able to print. The device looks fine except you can't print to it. I then go to the user account and password spot in the printer properties and it's empty and right then I know it happened. Basically it's setup with different department codes so they know how to separate billing usage per department.

Windows 7 was a simple uninstall then reinstall whcih took a minute. 10 I fight with it where I can't just easily add it. I remove it then see the port is still there. Try and delete the port and says can't since in use or some other garbage. Eventually get it removed and try adding the device again. Looks installed correctly but then I go input the above mentioned info and then apply. I go back in and the settings don't take (Same reason why I have to reinstall the device new every time, the settings don't stick as communication is hosed for some reason.) so I have to first add the device some way windows 10 likes it then I add it correctly my usual method. What a pain. Basically it's not only an issue with windows 10 but also our device and the age of it.

Hey @nodle, remember the many great times I had at past job with printers?

The nice service call old boss took for replacing a major gear assembly onsite in a nearby small town which I had to do before another service call in a further town. I got it done, some how, don't know how but I got it done.

I have many stories...

Hey @nodle, remember the many great times I had at past job with printers?The nice service call old boss took for replacing a major gear assembly onsite in a nearby small town which I had to do before another service call in a further town. I got it done, some how, don't know how but I got it done.
I have many stories...
Yes sir, you should write a book on your adventure, cat piss, larvae, toner spills, sechs at silly sills while fixing more than her printer.

Yes sir, you should write a book on your adventure, cat piss, larvae, toner spills, sechs at silly sills while fixing more than her printer.
LOL, it was dog piss, paper worms and don't think that last part ever happened. Our boss was the one handling that!Toner spills? Go on. Oh and we just need to make a tv series about it where we play ourselves. Sure there was IT crowd but I think ours would do just as well if not better.

Back