Armed militia take over federal building in rural Oregon

nodle

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is something to keep an eye on. It really makes me wonder how the Government is going to respond to this situation. I don't think it will be good. Waco anyone? I see it has been making the news more. Keep an eye on this.

An armed militia took over a building at a national wildlife refuge in Oregon late Saturday and vows to occupy the outpost for years to protest the federal government’s treatment of a pair of ranchers facing prison time.
Link

This is getting interesting.

The leader of a small, armed group occupying a national wildlife refuge in southeastern Oregon said Monday he and his followers are going through government documents stored inside refuge buildings.Ammon Bundy told reporters the documents will be used to "expose" how the government has discriminated local ranchers who use federal land for cattle grazing.

Bundy said the documents would also help secure the release of Steven and Dwight Hammond, two area ranchers convicted of arson who returned to prison last week to serve longer sentences. The Hammonds' case set off the occupation of the Burns-area refuge on Jan. 2.
Link

This seemed to be weirdly timed with the statements on gun restrictions.  I don't think it played out the way was intended.  

Don't those people that were run off, out of their offices - don't they have jobs to go to?  Too weird.  

Don't those people that were run off, out of their offices - don't they have jobs to go to?  Too weird.
Never thought about this. Good point.

Oh boy...

BREAKING NEWS: Officials close highway near Oregon community at center of militia standoff. Details to come ...

Back