Stocks and investments

Our DOW is down 200 points because of this.

The Dow fell over 200 points on Monday, sliding along with other markets around the world, as worries about Russian intervention in Ukraine had investors fleeing assets perceived as risky.Gold prices rose and U.S. Treasury yields fell on heightened tensions involving Russia's threat to use military force in Ukraine, which mobilized its army and requested foreign observers. Secretary of State John Kerry was on his way to Kiev Monday after saying Russia risked possible sanctions.
The Dow Jones Industrial Average was 233 points, or 1.4 percent, lower in early afternoon trading, while the S&P 500 lost 23 points and the Nasdaq was 65 points down.

On the New York Mercantile Exchange, gold futures for April delivery rose $32.50, or 2.5 percent, to $1,354.10 an ounce. Crude-oil futures for April delivery added $2.30, or 2.2 percent, to $104.89 a barrel.

I currently own shares in DTV, OILT, AAL, and YNDX. I'm holding them for the rest of the year. I think they'll do nicely by December.

Kinda wondering how the whole Oculus sale to Facebook did to either one's stock? Does anyone know? I'm not a stock guy but dream of putting stock in and at one time thought Oculus would had been a good one, I wonder if the sale was good for it or bad?

Kinda wondering how the whole Oculus sale to Facebook did to either one's stock? Does anyone know? I'm not a stock guy but dream of putting stock in and at one time thought Oculus would had been a good one, I wonder if the sale was good for it or bad?
I don't believe Oculus VR is a publicly traded stock. Hilariously though people were buying the wrong stocks that had the word Oculus in their business name which prompted the wrong companies to have a bump in stock prices temporarily. Facebook on the other hand has been down about 7 percent since the purchase.

I don't believe Oculus Rift is a publicly traded stock. Hilariously though people were buying the wrong stocks that had the word Oculus in their business name which prompted the wrong companies to have a bump in stock prices temporarily. Facebook on the other hand has been down about 7 percent since the purchase.
Thanks for the info. That's pretty funny about the name.

Looking good out there boys!

U.S. stocks sank on Thursday, with the Nasdaq Composite falling the most in a day since June 2012 as investors again sold high-flying names in the technology and biotech sectors.The S&P 500 was on track to close below its 50-day moving average for the first time in more than two months. The broad index also broke below the 1,840 level that has served as technical support since late February.The Dow Jones industrial average fell 259.19 points or 1.58 percent, to 16,177.99. The S&P 500 lost 37.68 points or 2.01 percent, to 1,834.50. The Nasdaq Composite dropped 130.017 points or 3.11 percent, to 4,053.884.

We like to give Boarder a hard time but we should also recognize that Microsoft has been doing really well lately. They reported good numbers again yesterday. This obviously makes him happy but me too as I have a good chunk of that stock in the retirement portfolio.

We like to give Boarder a hard time but we should also recognize that Microsoft has been doing really well lately. They reported good numbers again yesterday. This obviously makes him happy but me too as I have a good chunk of that stock in the retirement portfolio.
That's because they got rid of Balmer.

Oh and @ndboarder has been drinking a ton of their kool-aid.

The amount of koolaid I drink does little for the company. I can't even get you fuckers to realize how pathetic the iPhone is....

The amount of koolaid I drink does little for the company. I can't even get you fuckers to realize how pathetic the iPhone is....
YuDBVdp.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
DDD stock has sure went down the tanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back