Star Wars: Episode V – The Empire Strikes Back

nodle

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well onto the next. I finished this one last night. One of my favorites. I love the whole snow aspect of the movie. It has one of my favorite models the AT-AT. What an awesome design, along with snow speeders. Again, the special effects hold up nicely. The character mature much more along with Han and Leia's romance. Luke finds out Vader is his father. Has a great setup for the next in the series. 

814Cbv8EftL._AC_SL1200_.jpg

Sorry have not been replying to all your great posts of the series. I know I got into rewatching all of them but stopped after the original third. Lack of time and well me losing the drive to go on. I see you are going in chronilogical order where I was doing the release order. I am now not sure if I want to restart or continue where I left off. Again, just so hard with lack of tiume to find to watch them.

I would recommend watching them in chronological order. Even I, as a grown adult, never realized how everything ties together. It has really opened my eyes to what a genius George Lucas was with the script. Everything just falls into place. I am sure that your son is at the age now when he can understand that. They are exceptionally clean movies as well. I know they left an magical impression on me as a child when I saw them and hope to leave that impression on my children as well. Unfortunately, I have two girls and it's harder for them to get into it. One likes it, the other could care less.

But I think the movies can hold their own even if you don't watch in the order. It's just something that I always wanted to do and it's a fantastic way to top off the evening each night with the colder weather. 

Looks like you are one away from finishing the first two trilogies.  The movies are great, or at least the original 3.  I like most of the much newer films than episodes 1 - 3, including those like Solo or Rogue One that give glimpses outside the skywalker family.  I've recently had an extended leave from work and been a bit laid up, so Icaught up on the Mandelorian, Book of Boba Fett, and also started watching the animated Clone Wars series.

You mentioned everything being tied together and falling into place.  There's so much written of the Star Wars universe and I had no idea the depth of the backstories.  I'd have never thought much of Asoka showing up in the Book of Boba fett, had I not been watching some Clone Wars to pass my time.

[QUOTE='ndboarder]had I not been watching some Clone Wars to pass my time.
[/QUOTE]I haven’t got into these yet, but I have heard that they are not bad. Plus they have the sweet ‘Starkiller’ lightsaber.

Back