Nintendo Wii

C Pav

Reaction score
The Wii was released on Sunday and I must admit it has some pretty cool features that are at least innivative if nothing else. I was at walmart shopping for groceries when they opened on Sunday and saw the crazies all around trying to get the system. They sold out of course but not sure how many they got in. there were a lot more available then the PS3 and I think stores got about 33 or more.

yeah I think the Wii would be cool for some games like Zelda for instance.  However, I think it would get kind of old for some of the sports games which are my favorite to play.

I just like the fact that you actually stand a chance in getting one. It is cool, but I still think I would take the PS3 over it.

I just like the fact that you actually stand a chance in getting one. It is cool, but I still think I would take the PS3 over it.
yeah, you would think with all the delays, they could ship more units then they did.  Maybe that would prevent some of the ebay stuff that goes on.

I heard that Sony will be shipping another 600,000 PS3 before Christmas.

chaos round two....get your portable heaters ready....

At least the Wii is decently priced.

chaos round two....get your portable heaters ready....
lol nice!
Let's camp out in front of the Walmart nodle......I'll bring the firewood, you can bring the marshmallows.

I heard that Sony will be shipping another 600,000 PS3 before Christmas.
Just saw on youtube that they plan on doing weekly shipments.

Is Nintendo Wii dangerous? Broken gamer TVs

With the Nintendo Wii finally released, some are skeptical of how long it will be before Nintendo gets sued. Why? Well, some gamers are already complaining about problems with the system. For instance, the strap on the Wii Remote snapping, allowing the Remote to fly out of the gamers hand. In one situation, the Wii Remote flew out of the gamers hand and rammed into the TV set; cracking the screen almost in two.

The story was posted on a forum. The gamers claimed that when he and his friends brought home the Wii, they played it almost nonstop for 24 hours. Then, when playing a game of bowling on Wii Sports, the gamers friend reels back to roll his ball and feels the controller slip from his hands. Instead of the strap preventing the controller from flying, it snaps.

Some gamers responded to the news by saying that Nintendo was probably not taking into consideration such accidents. Others claimed that problems such as these will be the end of the Wii. Others even went on to say that, given such dangers, the Wii is not suitable for children.

When reading this news, my reaction was: Nintendo cant make their products idiot-proof. I want to make something clear: the Wii Remote didnt break his TV, his friend did. I believe this issue will have no effect upon Nintendo Wii sales in any way. Nintendo cant be held liable over game actions. It is pretty hard to let the Wii remote slip out of your hands.

Well apparently if you have a Mac and a Wii you can now have a WiiSaber... I guess there is a widget for macs that will detect the motion of a Wii remote over bluetooth and someone has made use of that to create light saber sounds with the motions...

VIDEO: http://www.wiihaveaproblem.com/

lol I love the name of that website.

I think Nintendo may have unknowingly started some form of revolution in controls for something other than gaming systems.  Here is yet another example of the Wii controller being used with a computer, this time a PC not a Mac.  I wonder how long before the controllers are far outselling the system, just for people that want to use them with PC programs?  In this example someone wrote a script to interface the controller with Google Earth.

VIDEO: http://coulston.googlepages.com/wii

The whole concept just boogles my mind. When the original Nintendo came out people would try to move the controller to make it move when they would jump etc. The Nintendo world taught us to hold still. Now they are telling me to move when I jump etc.

They should just bring back the power glove and be done with it

Ya basically, that is what the new controller is.

Ya basically, that is what the new controller is.
Hopefully the new one is a lot more refined.  I had a power glove once and when i opened that present I was extremely excited, then I tried it out.  Then i returned the POS and got a gameboy instead

Back