Winterizing your boots or shoes

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Ordered me some new shoes yesterday. But thought there still may be life in these so I took them out to my parents and my Dad has this boot stuff you put on with a toothbrush. Boy they look sort of brand new. Brought the color back and everything. Plus makes them waterproof. Tried to cancel my order from Amazon for my other ones, but guess I was to late. Oh well I will have a new pair waiting I guess. Think I will still wear these for awhile now. So in the future just buy some boot grease and extended out your shoes.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
How many of you were like me, a pair of boots or shoes start to look worn out, or the leather gets dark from the rain or snow so you just go and buy a new pair. But you can really bring a pair of shoes or boots back to life with some leather conditioner. My Dad has always done his boots for as long as I can remember. We were at the store yesterday and I picked up some:

You basically want your shoes or boots somewhat warm. Then get an old toothbrush and rub it in. I even did my shoes when I got done. You can really bring life into your shoes just by doing this every so often.