Windows media player 11

nodle

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I know it's just beta right now but has anyone tried this out yet? I tried it out on my work computer. I really like the black color, and the way it organizes the cds with all the artwork.

I haven't had a chance, but now that you mentioned it I might have to try it out here at work as well.

I haven't had a chance' date=' but now that you mentioned it I might have to try it out here at work as well.[/quote']I figured if it messed up something, well who cares then lol.

I haven't had a chance' date=' but now that you mentioned it I might have to try it out here at work as well.[/quote']I figured if it messed up something, well who cares then lol.
Yeah, I'd much prefer to test it out at work before putting it on my primary OS at home. No need to be losing my personal data over WMP.

I'll have to agree with nodle on the look of WMP11. I really like the color scheme. I also like how the groupings are done when you sort by Title, Artist, Album, etc...

They made it quite a bit more difficult for me to find my alternative rock radio station though. Oh well, now that I figured out how to get to radio it's all good.

I'll have to agree with nodle on the look of WMP11. I really like the color scheme. I also like how the groupings are done when you sort by Title' date=' Artist, Album, etc... They made it quite a bit more difficult for me to find my alternative rock radio station though. Oh well, now that I figured out how to get to radio it's all good.[/quote']Were you able to get yours to shrink down to the taskbar for the windows media mini player like the old one where you could switch songs etc.? Thats the only thing it won't do. At least on mine.

I'll have to agree with nodle on the look of WMP11. I really like the color scheme. I also like how the groupings are done when you sort by Title' date=' Artist, Album, etc... They made it quite a bit more difficult for me to find my alternative rock radio station though. Oh well, now that I figured out how to get to radio it's all good.[/quote']Were you able to get yours to shrink down to the taskbar for the windows media mini player like the old one where you could switch songs etc.? Thats the only thing it won't do. At least on mine.
Like so?http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j26/ndboarder/wmp.jpg

It didn't minimize like that for me the first time, but it's been doing it since. I was thinking there was a plugin for WMP you had to turn on for that to work as well, but upon looking I think I was confused and thinking about the plugin for "What I'm Listening to" on MSN.

Ya thats it, hmmm I guess I will have to try a few more things. Well at least I know it works.

EDIT: After I restarted this morning, now it works.

Well I don't know if they chagned the way MSN radio works, or if it is a WMP 11 feature, but since installing the beta I haven't noticed any of the commercials that used to be played between every few songs.

As you can all tell I've been very busy at work today... At any rate I was just trying to search and see if there were comparison's out there on the performance of WMP 10, WMP11, iTunes, etc because the beta of 11 doesn't seem to be bogging my system down as badly as 10 did at times. It could just be my imagination, or just a good day for my computer who knows. At anyrate I didn't find much online, has anyone else tried this out yet, opinions?

I did run across the following article on Digg. You have to login to view it on digg, some interesting comments from other users.

Nice but no iTunes

Direct article link for non-Digg members

Personally I like WMP far better than iTunes so I'm glad that WMP is nice, but not iTunes.

seems to be a nice program so far, just dl'd a few minutes ago.

I'm just so burnt out on Itunes. If you run XP64bit there is a bug where Itunes will not run due to a patch provided by Microsoft. The only way to get around this is to uninstall the update and then run with your system exposed to a vulnerability. I'm about to the point where I wouldn't mind getting rid of my Ipod and getting a creative product just so I can use Windows Media player again.

Ive been running the beta for over a month now and i have never had a single problem with it. Actually I've had less problems than with the official wmp 10. It seems to pop up much quicker and load videos faster....but i still use itunes for music, im just used to the organization style.

Ive been running the beta for over a month now and i have never had a single problem with it. Actually I've had less problems than with the official wmp 10. It seems to pop up much quicker and load videos faster....but i still use itunes for music' date=' im just used to the organization style.[/quote']I really like the new version also. Just wish Microsoft would incorporate the Ipod into the program (Can't we all just get along?). But I am really interested to see what Microsoft's new player will hold in store.

Well I am trying this out on my "home" computer now that I don't have to use that crappy Itunes anymore. It seemed stable enough at work so I will give it a try.

Back