Windows ME: Worth the Hate?

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
I think I remember making a similar post years back, and no I think it wasn't worth all the hate it got. I think I was a great OS for it's time.

ndboarder

Bill Gates' Gimp
Members
It had a lot of issues early on, but was fixed fairly quickly from what I recall. People just love to hate things. At this point you probably hear people that never used it once say that it was the worst OS ever.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
I remember buying this at Target. Back then you could just use one key (no activation). Me and a friend split the money for a copy. I paid an extra $10 for the true holographic version and he got the burned copy.

ndboarder

Bill Gates' Gimp
Members
I remember buying this at Target. Back then you could just use one key (no activation). Me and a friend split the money for a copy. I paid an extra $10 for the true holographic version and he got the burned copy.
So, back when they didn't have a means to enforce licensing agreements. It was still only truly legal if you bought one copy per active PC install.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
It was still only truly legal if you bought one copy per active PC install.
Oh I know. ;)

I remember windows Windows XP came out and had the first ever activation, man people were freaking out. I still remember the 'Devil's Own' copy that had the first crack. It was the Longhorn preview (yes I a old).