Coffee Drinkers unite!

So I think my Keurig machine might be on it's way out. I was up till 11:30 trying to fix it. Seems like the pump quit pumping. I watched a bunch of videos on Youtube about it, I even disassembled quite a bit of it. I think I might partially have fixed it. I was able to make a cup this morning. But I still have my doubts. 
I'm really surprised ours has lasted so long. I had my doubts on the thing when we first purchased but it takes heavy use and still goes on.

I'm really surprised ours has lasted so long. I had my doubts on the thing when we first purchased but it takes heavy use and still goes on.
Do you ever clean yours?

I don't know how but I had a k-cup blow the bottom open and pour all the coffee grounds into my coffee, and I didn't notice until I hit the bottom. Yuck!

Picked up a box of this, it's decent.

71MKCBlne3L._SY355_.jpg

Been making this one at home.  Got a large box of them from Costco.  They also make a decaf version of the French roast that we keep around.

sfb-fr-onecup-pod_1.png

Been making this one at home.  Got a large box of them from Costco.  They also make a decaf version of the French roast that we keep around.
Is that from one of those massive $50 box of K-cups? I have though about picking some up to save money, but was always worried about the flavor.

Yes.  Usually we pick up either the Carribou or Starbucks cups they have, but my wife was looking for a good strong decaf option.  We ordered a large box of the decaf from Amazon and she really liked that.  When we saw the same brand in a bulk box at Costco we picked up the regular as well.  For most of them at costco it's just a big box full of loose K-cups.  For this brand, because of the way the the pod is made there are a number of bags included that each have 10 cups or so in them.

What are the best style of bean do you think? Columbia, Kona, Mexican, African? Been drinking some Kona stuff lately, it's not 100% beans but has a nice deep rich taste.

Might be getting rid of the Keurig. Ordered a new coffee makers this morning. Same one that @jmanz has. The only reason that I liked the Keurig was the ease of getting a fast cup of coffee before I head out of the door in the morning for work. The new one has a timer, so as long as I get it ready the night before I should be good.

Well have used the coffee maker the last couple of days. I learned it's not like a Keruig and you just want to fill the water reservoir to the amount of of cups you are going to make, not keep it maxed out. :ROFLMAO: .

Switched over to some bulk coffee since we go through so much now. Bought a big can of Yuban, seems alright.

Been using Costco 100% Columbian coffee. I don't think you can beat the price and quality out there.

Local coffee shop is serving their 'Scarecrow' flavor. It's a salted caramel mixed with pumpkin spice. The salt goes so good with it.

Now that it is that time of the year again, I highly recommend adding a little egg nog in with your coffee. It sweetens it up and adds some great flavor!

I've been adding Eggnog to my coffee each morning with this time of the year, makes it taste so good.

eggnog is good so true. i just got backin da treadmills.

6 pounds of pure cokejoy

or bepis

i... hhmm well. hmmm. hmmmmm..... idk. i don't know

u cant hide secrets from tehe feutre with quickmaffs

Switched away from Costco's coffee lately. I went to a more small, bagged stuff. I have also dropped down to about 3 scoops instead of 4 to conserve more.

Back