Fluxoid

Welcome to Fluxoid. Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today!

What's next for Apple

ryanator

Mathematical
Members
What they need to do is make a big jump again to get people excited and give them something they should expect from a "top of the line" smartphone.  They keep only inching along every year since the 4 model giving out crap updates.  Quit holding back on technology for the next release.  Maybe they can make scratch and shatter free glass, the OLED display, double the minimum storage.  They don't necessarily need a higher res camera, just make the image processor better (though they do a good job already).  These concerns alone would be huge.  I also don't care about the iWatch, iHealth, iThis or iThat syncing, while some do, it's just side features that can be addressed in the software (which by the way, gives you more bugs and lower battery).

C Pav

Codename: GB6
Members
Iphone 8. Any speculation on what will be new? OLED screen 25% more battery? Higher Resolution camera? Can't think of anything else that they would add.
Add? This is Apple the new "add" is to take things away...

ndboarder

Bill Gates' Gimp
Members
At least some are starting to see how stale Apple's products have become.  http://www.profitconfidential.com/stock/aapl-stock-peter-thiel-delivers-blunt-reality-check-apple-inc/

Even from a hardware standpoint I think they are holding back on innovation to leave room for their partners that make accessories.  Why else would they have to continued to ignore wireless charging for the past few years when it's some incredibly easy to implement and takes up very little space.  Leaves something for cases to offer other than just a bit of added protection.  Removing headphone jacks - something for accessories - including of course pushing their own wireless headphones.  

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Even from a hardware standpoint I think they are holding back on innovation to leave room for their partners that make accessories.  Why else would they have to continued to ignore wireless charging for the past few years when it's some incredibly easy to implement and takes up very little space.  Leaves something for cases to offer other than just a bit of added protection.  Removing headphone jacks - something for accessories - including of course pushing their own wireless headphones.
I would love to argue with you, but you are exactly right.

jmanz

I bought you the sims
Members
Anybody see the numbers from that last quarter? Look at the stock today. They are on fire again. And now they have a growing services business. It's not just phones anymore guys.