No Mystery As To Why Young Americans Love Ron Paul

Maybe because he just stands for some American values?

I like Ron Paul on some of the issues. Especially in regards to the abortion issue. The one issue that really bothers me is Iraq. Yes, you can make an exceptionally good argument that we should never have been there in the first place. Instead of debating the past we should "look to the future" like the writer of this story says Paul does (Which alone is an editorial statement in a news story, something that you see more and more of).

The truth of the matter is that we are in Iraq and we will most likely be there for some time to come. People forget that we've been in Germany since the end of the second World War. We'll probably end up being in Iraq for just as long. Granted, it won't be with the same numbers of troops, but we will have a presence. Correction, we SHOULD have a presence. My basic disagreement with Paul is that, if I understand him correctly, he wants to just pull everyone out. That would be catastrophic for the region. Turkey would most likely invade Northern Iraq, killing the Kurds located there and most likely just stay. Iran would cut off their own little piece killing anyone in their way. It would be a mess. Iraq is really the one big issue I have with Ron Paul. If he tweaks his stance a little bit he could get my vote.

I totally agree, no one likes war, but it happened and we are to deep in it right now to back out now, plus we need to protect Israel.

There is a strong chance that Israel is screwed if Iran gets the Nuke. Then again, I'm surprised Israel hasn't already nuked Iran.

There is a strong chance that Israel is screwed if Iran gets the Nuke. Then again, I'm surprised Israel hasn't already nuked Iran.
Ah don't underestimate Israel, they have alot more power than you think. Especially for such a small country. The have the 2nd best airforce in the world. They have quite the robotics over there too. And a great army and military. Besides there is more to Israel and why we protect them. They are "Gods chosen poeple" and there is some passage in the Bible (can't think of it at the top of my head) about us protecting Israel. Not only that but we lose that and we lose one huge strategic base.

Ah don't underestimate Israel, they have alot more power than you think. Especially for such a small country. The have the 2nd best airforce in the world. They have quite the robotics over there too. And a great army and military. Besides there is more to Israel and why we protect them. They are "Gods chosen poeple" and there is some passage in the Bible (can't think of it at the top of my head) about us protecting Israel. Not only that but we lose that and we lose one huge strategic base.
Oh I wasn't trying to minimize Israel at all, but it is a relatively small country and some well placed nukes could do a lot of damage. Who's left to fight if you kill 80% of the population with a couple nukes? It's pretty much suicide missions after that and I'm sure there would be plenty.In no way was I trying to say that Israel can't defend itself. Militarily and technologically they probably come the closest to us, although they don't have the same size military that we do. All I was trying to say is that if Iran gets the nuke there is a good chance that Israel is screwed because if they're gonna use it they're gonna use it on them.

Oh I wasn't trying to minimize Israel at all, but it is a relatively small country and some well placed nukes could do a lot of damage. Who's left to fight if you kill 80% of the population with a couple nukes? It's pretty much suicide missions after that and I'm sure there would be plenty.In no way was I trying to say that Israel can't defend itself. Militarily and technologically they probably come the closest to us, although they don't have the same size military that we do. All I was trying to say is that if Iran gets the nuke there is a good chance that Israel is screwed because if they're gonna use it they're gonna use it on them.
Agreed, the hatred between Israel and the countries surrounding it has gone on since almost the beginning of time.

Agreed, the hatred between Israel and the countries surrounding it has gone on since almost the beginning of time.
Basically, religion is evil and the cause of way too much strife.

Back