All things related to the Xbox platforms

This feels like a troll... obviously it is the new Xbox
Honestly I just haven’t kept up. I know they came out with an S model etc. thought maybe this was another. I knew they had a new one coming, I didn’t think they were releasing it so soon. But I’m sure it’s to compete with the PS5.

I see they have an option to finance (monthly payments) the new Xbox systems.

I see they have an option to finance (monthly payments) the new Xbox systems.
Like directly from Xbox? That’s an interesting idea.

Directly from Microsoft. The financing option gives you the Xbox of your choice (the NEW S or the NEW X) and GamePass (which will soon include EA Play as well). So you get a console and a lot of games to play. I think it's like $25 a month for the $299 console, or $35 for the $499 console. Might be off on those, but not a horrendous deal.

Directly from Microsoft. The financing option gives you the Xbox of your choice (the NEW S or the NEW X) and GamePass (which will soon include EA Play as well). So you get a console and a lot of games to play. I think it's like $25 a month for the $299 console, or $35 for the $499 console. Might be off on those, but not a horrendous deal.
Is it a rental program like a monthly payment? Or more of a, once you are fully paid you get to keep it?

Is it a rental program like a monthly payment? Or more of a, once you are fully paid you get to keep it?
Once paid you own the console as far as I know - though I really haven't read up on it a lot since I have no plan to finance something that can easily be paid for up front as a one time cost

Once paid you own the console as far as I know - though I really haven't read up on it a lot since I have no plan to finance something that can easily be paid for up front as a one time cost
This is how I understand it also.

So I guess Microsoft is buying Zenimax Media (Bethesda, ID software, and all the other smaller development studios within). Bringing Fallout, Doom, Wolfenstein, Dishonored and more.

Welcoming the Talented Teams and Beloved Game Franchises of Bethesda to Xbox - Xbox Wire

Couple interesting things I saw mentioned as a result of this acquisition:

• Bethesda and Obsidian are now sister studios, so another Fall Out New Vegas is actually possible

• Microsoft is now releasing 2 times PS5 exclusives

The mention of PS5 titles didn't say which ones. A search tells me Bethesda has DeathLoop and Ghostwire coming out, both to be timed exclusives so I'm guessing those, neither of which I've ever heard of before.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol beat me to it.

Looking like the Xbox might win this next gen so far.

Anyone preordering today?

I managed to get one Xbox Series X ordered directly from Microsoft.com. I may end up with a second pre-order though another source, in which case I'll see if a few people want my first (at face value, no scalping pricing) or I'll just cancel it if not. If my other source doesn't work out, at least I have one in somewhere

Seems like scalpers win again. I know plenty of buddies that got an order in. I managed to after lots of refreshing and irritation right at the launch of orders. Then some sites like amazon and best buy randomly started taking orders at different times and no one knew what was coming or when, so unless dedicated to refreshing and getting lucky people were also SOL because they sold out in minutes.

Companies in general need to get preorder for these high demand things figured out. Sites need to be consistent and need to not crash. PS5 orders were a big debacle Sony had to apologize for. Cards with teh new Nvidia 3080 were a cluster and Nvidia had to apologize. xbox orders look to have been just as terrible. It's 2020 and ecommerce sites are all on easily scalable solutions, come on!

Such B.S. I have had one in my cart waited over an hour on the phone to have it disconnected me. Then waited in que 710 live chat to get down to 7 after leaving my phone open for 3 hours to get disconnected. Forget it not worth it. Like @ndboarder said above with the PS5 and the Nvidia ordeal no one can get anything anymore. Same thing even happens with some of my transformers preorders as well. To many automated bots, ruins it for everyone. I’m sure another batch will go up so I’ll just try again later. I do have some hope because I have one in my cart and people are saying try again at a later time when Microsoft’s servers are overloaded.

Well i officially give up, I talked to support again. They told me they are sold out, but I asked why I still have one in my cart then? I said if you add groceries to your cart in a supermarket and go to check out your cart doesn’t magically empty. Don’t allow you to have one in your cart with an order number if your out of stock.

Where’s my Xbox Boiiis at? I sat here at hit refresh all night and guess what went through. Even got the email from Microsoft!

New_duane.gif

Ha ha... we'll see I guess. I came here to post about the poor people that ordered Xbox One X because Microsoft can't come up with a decent naming convention and the old console name is to close to the new Xbox Series X for some people to keep straight. See you beat me to that news with your post from last night. UGH.

Beyond that, I will note that a physical cart is much different than your ecommerce cart. I get your comparison and frustration, but it is a completely unrealistic expectation/comparison. I work with software for point of sale and for ecommerce. Same concept, big differences. If you see a physical item on a shelf, lets call it a widget, yes you can put the widget in a cart and take it to the register and you get to purchase it. Heck, the system might even think they've already sold every widget or think they have negative widgets, when you take the physical item to the register and you will be able to purchase it, because you have it in hand. If it happened that you and 1 million others were trying to buy that last widget on the shelf, you'd all have to duke it out and only 1 of you could ever get that item into your cart and up to the register. Digital carts are completely different. You aren't putting any physical inventory into a cart and taking it to a register, you and millions of others could all be looking at the 1 item left and be trying to add it to your carts at the same time - generally these systems are going to work off some estimated inventory counts to try to prevent scenarios where too many people have orders that have to be cancelled or end up back ordered.

Back