Fluxoid

Welcome to Fluxoid. Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today!

What are you listening to? (2017 Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Just ran across these guys on Spotify, sounds just like the old classic Zepplin. You might give it a try @Davidc.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Ya, I am really enjoying the album, closest I have ever heard of anyone actually sounding like them.  Great album! All the songs are excellent!

Davidc

Caulk Sucker
Members
Check out guitar George; he knows all the cords. He can play the honky tonk like anything. With the Sultans...........

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
I can't wait for the next Gunship album. They released a small clip and it sounds so dam good!

Davidc

Caulk Sucker
Members
In line with the global trend, over 13 million vinyl albums were sold in the U.S. in 2016, a significant increase from one million units sold in 2007. Amazon is the most popular place to purchase a vinyl record in the U.S., accounting for nearly 40 percent of the market share.

Davidc

Caulk Sucker
Members
Vinyl records are projected to sell 40 million units in 2017, with sales nearing the $1 billion benchmark for the first time this millennium. This impressive milestone has been untouched since the peak of the industry in the 1980s. While explosive by today’s standards, according to Deloitte, in its heyday (‘81), total vinyl album sales surpassed 1 billion units in just that year alone.

Davidc

Caulk Sucker
Members
Fighting the loudness wars: Digital music engineering, particularly for radio-bound music, is often marred by a volume arms race, which leads to fatiguing, hyper-compressed songs that squish out the dynamics and textures that give recordings their depth and vitality. Vinyl's volume is dependent on the length of its sides and depth of its grooves, which means an album mastered specifically for the format may have more room to breathe than its strained digital counterpart. The longer an album, the quieter it gets: Gonsalves played me Interpol's lengthy debut album and a 12-inch Billy Idol single, and the decibel difference — without any distortion creeping in — was remarkable.

That warm vinyl sound: "I think this is what people like about it: it pins very closely to the way that human beings hear music organically," Gonsalves said. "It's very mid-range-y and very warm," a sound that flatters the fuzzy guitars of rock 'n' roll.

Status
Not open for further replies.